$5 Deals on Girls' Favorite Tees These $5 Deals on Girls' Favorite Tees feature some of the cutest tees available from Crazy 8. Your budding fashionista will be chic and in style with these adorable...
Carter’s Fall Style on Trend Fashion for Kids
This year, I have partnered with Carter's for back-to school apparel for my youngest daughter. Asthe largest branded marketer of young children’s apparel in the U.S., the company owns two of the best known and trusted brands in children’s apparel: OshKosh B’gosh and Carter’s. Both are brands that my entire family knows and loves. I wore Carter's as a child.
Carter's is a global, multi-channel business that sell over 400 million pieces of children’s clothes each year operating 500 Carter’s and 187 OshKosh stores in over 50 countries
If you know Carter's then you know that they are dedicated to value, superior quality and age-appropriate style. They know how to take a trend that is really important and relevant, and translate it in a way that is not too garish or too loud. Their silhouettes are modest, they don’t do anything that is too garish, and everything is always very tasteful. Their design team really executes in a way that moms will like, based on what has performed well in the past.
Inspiration comes from a lot of places as Carter's is always sending their designers somewhere, usually around Europe. They’ve been to Tokyo, Brazil and more and are always out there looking for what is new and fresh. New York and L.A. also are great sources of inspiration for emerging trends, even on the streets. We look at all of the great trends and ask what will be fun and fresh for fall. We also look and see what moms have bought in the past and come up with a way to reproduce it in a fresh, new way.
WHAT'S ON TREND THIS FALL FOR CARTER'S 2014?
Activewear / “Ath Leisure”
- Comfortable to play in
- Mesh fabrics in shorts and synthetic applications in tops
- Fun graphics with positive messages
- Seamlessly add to your existing wardrobe
- There are versatile ways to wear these pieces
- Easy to layer for fall
- The line includes PJ’s
- Not just for boys anymore!
- Camo comes in almost every piece this fall – it is a huge trend
- Pattern mixing is a great way to add a new, fun twist to camo pieces for both boys and girls
- For boys – wear bright colors, like red, with camo
- For girls – wear floral patterns with camo
- All about the mix and match – take something very athletic and give it a girly twist (e.g., sweatshirt paired with lace skirt)
- Camo shoes with sparkly pink shoelaces; high tops for girls with pink laces
- Cuffs turned back on sweatshirts
- Military jacket with floral vintage print on the inside
- Smaller, sweeter graphics
- Includes graphics like ponies, puppies, floral – things girls love to wear
- Unexpected ways to wear vintage prints are available, like vintage patterned rain boots
- Taking something traditional and twisting it to make it feel fresh and new for fall
- New and fresh colors on the boys’ plaid shirts
CHECK OUT MY CARTER'S “WEAR NOW, LAYER LATER” BOARD ON PINTEREST
ABOUT CARTER'S SIZES 7-12
New at Carter's are Sizes 7-12 and 62 stores have started carrying this line of older kids’ clothing. This clothing takes age appropriate clothing and makes it available for older kids They offer the full assortment online. The easiest thing to do is check online: http://www.carters.com. We also have a store locator and we flag the stores that carry sizes 7-12, so check there to see if they carry the size you are looking for. Sleepwear is something we’ve carried in larger sizes for a number of years. So our major retailers like Macy’s, JC Penney or Kohl’s will probably have sleepwear in sizes 4-14.
The easiest way is on Facebook. Carter's reads all of the reviews on their site because tt helps them solve problems. If they see that moms are consistently saying, “something is just not quite right” for an item, theywill pull that item and correct the issue or problem before putting it back on the market. They also send out surveys and bring in mother panels to learn what they love or don’t love from our brand. Since a lot of the Carter's employees are moms, they bring that experience and insight into the designs as well. They are always listening!
The thing to remember is that there aren’t any rules that apply anymore! Let your kids go into their closets and put crazy things together! It inspires creativity, and in this season probably more than ever! The best thing to pair unexpectedly this season is the camouflage! It’s easy to mix and match with different colors and patterns. The other great thing to pair back in unexpected ways this fall season is the sweatshirt silhouette because it pairs well with a lot of different items – t-shirts, skirts, pants, leggings, etc.! Pattern mixing does take a little bit of courage. Throw on a leopard print with that floral! If you are a novice, start with neutral colors and pair it back with color. Leopard goes with floral. Camo goes with floral. Don’t be afraid. Have fun with it!
GET A CARTER'S 20% OFF COUPON HERE!
WHERE CAN I GET THE CARTER'S FALL LINE?
The fall line is in stores right now! The entire store is 40% off.
One lucky reader of The Divine Miss Mommy will win a $50 gift card. Enter right here: a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is part of a sponsored campaign with Carter's and The Motherhood.