The Mushroom Council recently invited me for fun dining opportunity with Top Chef Richard Blais. Blais created a mushroom/meat blend burger for his Flip Burger Boutique called the “Earth & Turf Burger.” I had the chance to speak with Richard Blais recently...
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Dip
We love making appetizers for events that we attend. Even better is when they can be made ahead of time and frozen until needed. This is one of those recipes where you can easily make the base and freeze it. Then take it out when you need it, top it and bake it to perfection.
We constantly get asked for this recipe over and over again. It is one of our favorites. Sometimes we serve it with celery rather than chips and we always make the wing sauce temperature to whatever the preference of the host of the event.
BUFFALO CHICKEN RANCH DIP
- 1 Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 4 TBS Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 2 TBS Butter or Margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, and buffalo sauce in medium bowl. Stir in ranch dressing mix. Gently fold in cheddar cheese and chicken.
- Spread into 8×8 pan. Top with crushed crackers. Drizzle butter over crackers.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
As an alternative topping, you can also crush tortilla chips to add to the top or simply add a little more cheese on the top. All three ways make a great appetizer.