***THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED! Congrats to Dana!*** I had the opportunity to try out the Queen B stroller courtesy of the folks at Bumbleride. From the moment that I got it, I was completely...
Tips for Summer Entertaining
The best part about summer entertaining is getting the chance to re-connect with friends we didn't get to spend much time with during the school year because we are all so busy. What we also love is that we can do the majority of it outside and cleanup is simple yet quick.
There are so many great ways to throw a summer party and while the décor may change, I always follow a few tips to ensure that my party will be a success:
5 TIPS FOR SUMMER ENTERTAINING
1. Always make food that is easy to eat. Food should be portable and easy to eat in just a few bites.
2. Refreshments should be well….refreshing. We make fresh lemonade and sweet tea (a staple here in the South) while floating fresh fruit in each drink. We also have other drinks that our own recipes. Having multiple drink stations is helpful as well.
3. We always serve old fashioned favorites like chips & dip, potato salad. The things that people remember growing up always tend to be hits at our parties.
4. Don't forget to plan for bugs. We keep a fan our during our events to chase bugs away plus have citronella candles all over the place and have mosquito repellent available for the guests as well. Outside can mean bugs and we do our best to keep them away.
5. Don't forget the music. We have summer music playlist that we update every so often and play at every one of our parties.
Did you know that National Bomb Pop Day is June 27 this year? Who knew that there was such a cool holiday? There are so many ways that you can celebrate with the tips above or by sharing one of your own below.
One lucky reader of The Divine Miss Mommy will win a fabulous a prize pack consisting of the following:
2 Bomb Pop free product coupons
American Summer Fans
Red Striped Popcorn Boxes
Red Paper Straws
$25 Publix Gift Card
To enter, leave me your best tip for Summer Entertaining. Leave your answer as a comment below as the first, mandatory entry.
BONUS ENTRIES FOR EXTRA CHANCES TO WIN
Enter any of my other giveaways– take five entries for each one that you enter.
Blog about the giveaway as a separate post and link to thedivinemissmommy.com. Leave the link to your post in the comment.
Add a relevant comment to any non-giveaway posts on my blog. Comment on any or all.
List this giveaway on any giveaway linky or giveaway site
Add the Divine Miss Mommy button to your blogroll or sidebar
Give me K+ on Klout in Social Media, Blogging or Moms and Tweet about it. You can do each topic once per day (so 6 entries per day total). Leave your Klout name in the comments so I can check it on my list.
Add me to one of your Google+ circles. Leave your Google+ name in the comments.
Follow @StacieinAtlanta on Twitter (that’s me!)
Tweet about the contest (up to 4 X per day – Subscribers can tweet every 2 hours or 12 X per day). Tweet MUST have the giveaway item, the word giveaway in the tweet and a link to this post along with @StacieinAtlanta in it.You must have at least 100 followers and your Twitter account must be a public account (no protected Tweets).
Giveaway ends 6/28/13 at 11:59 PM EST. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random. All entries must be properly recorded in the comments to count (i.e. Link to tweets, Facebook page, etc). Winner will be notified via email and has 24 hours to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen and notified.
I am working with Bomb Pop and Publix to share summer entertaining ideas using the information and products they provided me. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.