Exergen Temporal Scanner Review
The day that the Exergen Temporal Scanner arrived in the mail, my husband opened it without even asking me because he know how I am about my freakin' packages. There has not been a day since...
I absolutely love saving money and getting good deals. I clip coupons. I sign up on websites of pretty much every company whose products I use. If there is a deal to be had, then I do my best to find it.
Here are a few tips that I have to save a little money when going back to school!
1. Wait for sales and stock up. I stock not only for the beginning of the school year but also midway through the year when teachers need supplies replenished. Buy it all at once and you will save money.
2. Consider a clothing swap. My sister and I swap out clothing several times a year. This helps refresh wardrobes and keep your kids in sizes that fit.
3. Check last year's backpack before buying a new one. Each year I find that at least one child still has a backpack in good shape that can be used for the upcoming year. If you must buy, wait until a few months after school starts when they really go on sale. The same goes for lunchboxes.
4. When you do need to buy clothes, wait for a sale or a tax free weekend. Many states have them. There are some amazing deals to be had during tax free weekends.
5. Make a list and stick to it. I once forgot the school supply list when shopping. We came home with so many items that we didn't need and spent way too much. If you forget your list, go home and get it or look up the school supply list on your phone. You will be glad that you did.
6. Shop at home first. I am always surprised at how much we actually find in our house before we even head out the door. You can save a lot of money!
Share your back to school money saving advice below for a chance to win a $500 Back to School Shopping Spree from BlogFrog!
Want to exchange more tips and ideas with other moms about back to school topics such as healthy snacks, school supplies and saving money? Visit the Horizon® Healthily Families Back to School Community!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily reflect the view of the Horizon Organic brand.