Road Trip Must-Haves Collapsible Cooler Basket Tote your picnic fixings in style with this leak-proof, lightweight cooler in black-and-white houndstooth. Thermal Shield™ insulated to keep food and beverages at the right temperature for hours,...
10 Tips for Weaving the Hottest Runway Trends into Your Day-to-Day Look
As the mother of three small children, looking trendy isn't always at the top of my list. I mean, it would be nice but it doesn't always happen.
However, each season, I try to find several ways each season to incorporate some of the current trends into my wardrobe without breaking the bank.
1. Don't be afraid to experiment with a little color. Each season, there are several popular colors. If you don't feel comfortable with an entire shirt, skirt or pants in the color, opt for a scarf or belt in the hottest color.
2. I always purchase a few trendy accessories. A scarf. A belt. A few trendy pieces can transform an entire outfit. This way, I can wear them with last season's faves and still look trendy.
3. Get a great handbag. Something cute. Something trendy. Something that you are proud to carry. A great handbag always give me a huge confidence boost when it comes to fashion.
4. Get a trendy haircut. A fabulous haircut can make any outfit look better and can instantly make you feel better. Taller even.
5. Read fashion magazines or even check out the online fashion mags. I guarantee that anyone can find at least one trend that they can incorporate into their everyday look.
6. Costume jewelry. I absolutely love that costume jewelry came back into vogue. A few, great pieces of costume jewelry can dress up any outfit and instantly make it look trendier.
7. Just incorporate a few pieces or accessories that are trendy into your look. No one says that everything you wear HAS to be on trend. I have a standard uniform that never changes. But I love to get a sweater or two each Fall that incorporates the hottest trends. I do the same thing with jeans each year.
8. If you see something you really like on someone, don’t be afraid to ask them where they got it. I ask of the time and have found some amazing deals this way.
9. See if there is anything that you can re-purpose from last year. I do this every year with several great pieces that I just love.
10. Try it out. You never know how something will look on your body. Get to the fitting room and put it on. Those new jeans may not look so great on the hanger but may look great on you. If you are not trying things on at the store, you are missing out!