Thank you OREO for sponsoring this post. OREO Thins make cookie time even better For years, I have been a cookie lover. I grew up eating OREO cookies because my dad loves them. I...
Mini SNICKERS Chocolate Torte Footballs Recipe
Game Day for the Gourmet: Mini Snickers Chocolate Torte Footballs
- 9 oz good dark chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup toasted almond slivers, smashed
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 8 oz chocolate
- 1 cup of cream
- FOR THE TORTE: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a double boiler.
- Wisk in the cocoa powder and sugar until combined.
- Wisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the Snickers.
- Put batter in the pan and tap to make it smooth and level.
- Bake for 40 min in convection oven or 50-60 in conventional oven.
- FOR THE GANACHE TOPPING: Heat the cream in a pot until hot (don't boil).
- Remove from the flame and add the chocolate (No flame!).
- Allow the mixture to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Wisk together and pour over the torte.
AFTER MAKING THE RECIPE
After you make the recipe, there are still a few more steps to go to make these into the cute footballs that you see above. I allow the torte to rest for about 20 minutes and then I put it in the refrigerator for about an hour to get chilled and little hard. While the torte is chilling, here is what I do next:
1. Make your footballs.
The torte must be thoroughly chilled and you have to work fast. I can get about eight (8) footballs out of one torte. But you have to cut quickly and shape them quickly before the heat from your hands makes them start to melt a little.
I cut all nine shapes into something that resembles a diamond and then quickly shape from there.
2. Crunch up your SNICKERS
This is probably the most cathartic part of the entire recipe. There is just something so fun about using a meat tenderizer and pounding away.
I put the SNICKERS in two Ziploc bags. Once they are double bagged, I cover them with paper towels. Then I get the meat tenderizer and start hammering away. Make certain that your bag is on a cutting board so that you don't hurt your counters.
3. Top your footballs with SNICKERS
Now just sprinkle the footballs with the SNICKERS. I usually press them in the top just slightly so they don't fall off. Then I immediate refrigerate. I take them out about halfway through the party. They are the perfect treat for the game day gourmet.