20 Handmade Soaps I am a lover of scent and when I cannot find my favorite scents, I tend to try to make something with essential oils with the scents that I love. Some...
DIY Whimsical Patriotic Picture Frame
We are avid crafters in this family. I absolutely love doing crafts with the kids and my kids are always begging me to buy more supplies so we can create fun things. We make gifts, cards and so much more.
The kids and I had such a fun time creating this really fun picture frame. We made it for my father because he is the one who introduced me to Twizzlers many years ago.
1. Gather your supplies. We used a glue gun, glue stick, Twizzlers Pull n' Peel Candy in Raspberry, Wild Berry and Lemonade and a frame. We purchased the wood frame from our local craft store for $4.99.
2. Please note that the Twizzlers Twists shown in the picture were used for sustenance and eaten during the creation of our picture frame. They are delicious and we highly recommend trying them out during your next craft project or really anytime.
3. To make the large Twizzlers wheels, we used one entire piece of the Twizzlers Pull n' Peel Candy. To make the smaller wheels, we cut each rope in half. The key is to roll each one very tight so you cannot see through them. They stick together well and it is easy to then place them on the frame.
4. It is time to glue them on the frame. The key to using the hot glue is to use a lower setting for the glue. The hotter setting might make the candy melt but the lower setting works just fine. We swirled the glue around to lightly cover all of the twists. We wanted these things to stick.
5. To begin with, we glued a Twizzlers wheel on each side the frame and then added two more so that they looked even. You have a few seconds once you place it down so that you can re-arrange if necessary. I held each one down for about 10 seconds to make certain they were going to stay in place.
TIP: Since the glue is clear, don't worry about making mistakes. I had to pull one Twizzlers wheel off because it was a little crooked. Other wheels could easily be straightened since the glue had not yet dried.
Besides being of my absolute favorite snacks, Twizzlers definitely makes every summer activity sweeter with a fruity, long-lasting treat to entertain everyone. We especially love Twizzlers Twists, which are offered in a resealable bag for convenient on-the-go sharing.
This fun #HersheysSummer and #TwizzlersSummerFun project inspired us to have even more fun with Twizzlers.