Slow Cooker Low Country Boil Recipe Living here in the South, there are certain things that are just part of our food culture. Grits. Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked & Topped (you really have to...
Santa Rice Krispies Treat Bars
SANTA RICE KRISPIES TREAT BARS
yields 6 bars
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- Red Food Coloring
- 6 Vanilla Wafers
- 2 Red Fruit by the Foots
- 12 Candy Eyes
- 6 red M&Ms
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- In a medium to large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in enough food coloring to make the marshmallows very red.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Crispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Using butter or cooking spray, prepare a 9 x 9 pan.
- Butter a your hands or use wax paper to press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into 6 bars
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and add vanilla.
- Mix in the sugar one cup at a time.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Transfer icing to the corner of large size zipper bag, try to minimaize trapped air and close. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe.
- Pipe icing onto back (flat side) of vanilla wafer to act as glue and place on bar.
- Pipe a dot of icing onto the back of each eye and the “m” side of the M&M and place on vanilla wafer.
- Cut a 1.5 – 2 inch length of fruit roll and fold in V shape to act as hat.
- Place hat on wafer and bar.
- Pipe a ball on the on the tip of the hat.
- Pipe a band across the edge of the hat and a beard along the bottom of the cookie.
- Allow to set.