Homemade marshmallows are deliciously soft and creamy―delightful in a cup of cocoa. The addition of crushed peppermint makes this recipe perfect for the holidays. They may also be dipped in chocolate for a special addition to...
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Spice Butter Cream
PUMPKIN CUPCAKES WITH MAPLE SPICE BUTTER CREAM
Ingredients for the cupcakes
• 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 stick butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 large eggs
• ¾ cup buttermilk
• 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
• ¼ tsp salt
• 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
Ingredients for the frosting
• 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
• 4 and ½ cups powdered sugar
• 3 tbsp heavy cream
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs in one at a time.
- Add in the buttermilk and pumpkin puree.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, cream the butter in an electric mixer.
- Gradually add in all powdered sugar, heavy cream, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on medium for about 6-7 minutes or until it is fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy.