RED VELVET COOKIES INGREDIENTS 1 box red velvet cake mix 2 tablespoons flour 2 large eggs at room temp 1/2 cup coconut or canola oil 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 2 cups of quality...
Pot de creme recipe
One of my favorite indulgences whenever I have been to France is Pot de creme. There is just something about eating my favorite dessert in a foreign country that does amazing things with chocolate. The chocolate, the cream, everything is just amazing about this decadent dessert. I love this Pot de creme recipe.
Smooth, rich and unexpectedly simple! These impressive little pots will come together in just minutes, set up perfectly on their own and will keep for about two weeks when properly stored.
Pot de creme Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bitter sweet chocolate
- Chop the chocolate into pieces that are roughly 1⁄4 of an inch. Larger pieces will take longer to melt and may not break down fully. Transfer to an oven safe dish that is deep enough to whisk.
- Heat your heavy cream just to a boil. The cream will threaten to boil over the top of the pan,remove from the heat as soon as you see this.
- Immediately pour over the chopped chocolate andslowly start to whisk. Carefully mix, incorporating all of the chocolate and cream together.
- Continue whisking for a full minute after it becomes smooth, then pour into your serving dishes.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator, freezing is not recommend.
- Wait until your cake has fully cooled and the ganache as cooled for about 1 hour at room temp.
- Give it a quick stir and then pour over over your cake, starting from the center and letting it slowly work its way across the top and down.
For Dipping or for a Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Ensure the dish your ganache is in will be deep enough for the items, plus a little wiggle room.
- Let cool for about 2 hours at room temp and then carefully dip.
- Rest dipped items on parchment paper.