This Unique Father's Day Gifts for Dad from The Grommet #TheGrommet #FathersDay #giftsfordad post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Grommet.All thoughts and opinions are my own and do...
Facts & Tips About Recycling from Novelis
We are not always the best about recycling. And to be honest, we could do a much better job of reducing our carbon footprint.
We could use less plastic. We could reuse a LOT of things. We could definitely recycle a lot more paper around our house.
But we try. Just looking at the facts below is enough to scare this mother of three into doing much more to leave behind a much smaller footprint.
What about you?
RECYCLING FACTS & TIPS
1. The number of cans recycled every 30 seconds equals the number of people who could fill an entire Georgia Dome.
2. Just one recycled soda or beer can saves enough energy to run a television for up to three hours.
3. Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to power an iPod for 5.5 hours. Do your part to help save energy!
4. Aluminum cans go from the recycling bin to store shelves as new cans in just 60 days.
5. America recycled enough aluminum cans last year to stretch to the moon and back 8 times.
6. So you’re sitting at your desk at work and in need of a caffeine jolt. Do you grab a soda? The average employee consumes 2.5 beverages each day while at work. That’s almost 600 beverages a year! Don’t let those cans build up in a dump; allow them to be reused infinitely by recycling.
7. You’re already recycling, but what do you do if your small bin fills up on Tuesday? Do you get another one or do you just start throwing things away? Studies show that households with larger recycling bins will recycle 30% – 50% more
8. Find a convenient spot in your house to collect recyclable items. Most of these items come from the kitchen, making it a good location for a home recycling center.
9. Did you know that aluminum never wears out? It can be recycled forever without losing quality along the way. That’s another reason to recycle your cans.
10. As people around the globe recognize the benefits of recycling, more schools are employing recycling programs. If your child’s school doesn’t have one, help start one! If they do, be sure to follow out the program at home. Recycling can be a fun family activity.
11. Recycling diverted a whopping 1.7 billion pounds from landfills. That is more than twice the weight of the Empire State Building!
GET TO KNOW NOVELIS
Novelis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hindalco Industries Limited, one of Asia’s largest integrated producers of aluminum and a leading producer of copper. Hindalco is the flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group, a $40 billion multinational conglomerate with over 133,000 employees and operations in 36 countries.
As the world's largest producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in beverage can recycling, Novelis' is really contributing to overall recycling efforts by creating more sustainability. They want consumers to both know and understand that the more environmentally friendly option is to opt for aluminum over plastic bottles.
GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT NOVELIS
You can visit the Novelis website for more information about the company's vision and mission.
Novelis' Wikipedia page has recently been updated with the latest and most relevant information about the company.
GET SOCIAL WITH NOVELIS
I am a member of the Everywhere Society and Everywhere provided me with compensation for this post about Novelis. However, all thoughts and opinions expressed herein are my own.