RedEnvelope makes Valentine’s Day a cinch. Once you’ve picked out the perfect gift, choose delivery dates (including day-of shipping), select gift wrap, add a personalized card, and you’re set. No more trips to the...
Marshalls Off-price Spendervention
It was embarrassing. To me. Not to him. My husband is who I am talking about. We were sitting at the kitchen table the other day. He had just gotten home from work and was sitting with us as the kids ate dinner.
At one point, he crossed his leg putting his foot up on his other knee (does that sound right?). It was at this point that I noticed a hole in the bottom of his shoe.
“WTF is that?” I yelled at asked him. I further went on to explain that we don't roll like that in this household. Something has holes, we fix it or get rid of it. Since there no fixing this shoe, I was seriously wondering what the heck it was doing on his foot.
So I decided that he needed new shoes. And if he was getting new shoes, there was no way that mama was going to be left out. I was getting some new shoes too. He needed a “Spendervention.”
The folks at TJ Maxx and Marshalls graciously gave me a gift card to I could perform a Spendervention on someone. I chose myself and my husband. We needed a shoe Spendervention.
Shoppers everywhere have joined together in a national spending intervention (“Spendervention”) to stop spending too much on fashion. T.J. Maxx and Marshalls are hoping to show people that there is a better way to shop for fashion! You don't have to sacrifice quality or spend tons of money to get designer fashion. Especially this season, it's going to be easy to update your look on a budget with high quality beauty and fashion finds when you shop off-price!
So yes, we had a Spendervention. My husband will go to the most expensive closest store to buy shoes when he needs them. So I had to intervene and tell him about Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Did he not know that you can buy shoes there up to 80% off of retail price? Has he not seen my closet?
We scored a fabulous pair of Rockport Men's Colrain Driving Moc's that he is so happy with that he wears them everyday to work. They look fabulous and cost $49.99. However, these shoes originally retailed for over $120. They are very nice, made of quality material and look expensive. In fact, the entire family got new shoes so it was a pretty exciting day for all!
I have long been a lover of TJ Maxx and Marshalls. You can find almost everything clothing, accessories, home goods and more there.
Do you need a Spendervention? One lucky reader is going to get a Spendervention of their very own. This $25 gift card from TJ Maxx can be yours.
How to Enter:
1. To be eligible for this giveaway, please leave a comment below telling me who needs a Spendervention and why. It's ok if it's you.
Additional entries (only available after you have completed the step above):
2. Write a post on your blog linking the giveaway post and linking back to The Divine Miss Mommy. Worth 5 extra entries.
3. Earn extra entry by leaving a comment on any other post. Leave a link with the post or tell me what post you commented on in the comments. Comments must be relative to the post to count. Entering another giveaway gives you five extra entries.
4. Follow me on Twitter and Tweet about this giveaway daily for an extra entry each day (leave the link in the comments each time that you Tweet).
5. Follow me publicly via Google Follower or subscribe to my feed or let me know if you already do either or both (leave a comment for each if you do it).
6. Go over to my pal at Father of the Blog and give him some comment love (leave a comment telling me that you did so).
7. Add my blog to your Technorati favorites and leave me your Technorati name in the comments.You have to be a member of Technorati to do this. – 3 extra entries
Giveaway ends July 15th at midnight EST, is open to US residents only and winner will be notified via email. The winner has 48 hours to claim their prize. If the winner does not contact me, I will redraw. Thanks for entering!