Vintage Art Reproductions Under $100 Elephant Trunk – 1780s This charming print is a fine Giclée reproduction of an original 1780s image. The piece is set in a handsome wood frame with subtle diagonal...
Make the Holidays a Little Sweeter with Breyers
Sponsored post by Lunchbox, all opinions are 100% my own.
The holiday season is upon us, which means it’s time for good friends and delicious desserts. Luckily, Breyers has us covered! From now until 1/3/15 Breyers Ice Cream is only $3.49 at Target. Head in-store and take advantage of this special pricing and make a dessert your family and friends will love.
There’s even a delicious Apple Pie a la mode recipe made with Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream, that’s sure to be a hit at your next holiday party. Find the recipe here: http://www.breyers.com/recipes/detail/48018/1/apple-pie-a-la-mode.
*See in-store for details. Offer valid until 1/3/2015.
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 lbs. Ambrosia Apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 2 tsp. water
- 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 pouch Breyers™ Caramel Flavored Ice Cream Sauce
- Line 9-inch pie plate with one pie crust. Leave edges overhanging; chill until ready to use.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add apples and lemon juice and toss to coat. Arrange apples in prepared pie crust, mounding in center. Place second crust over apples and press gently to adhere to lower crust. Fold overhanging crust over; flute edge and cut a small hole in center to vent. Chill 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush pie with egg wash. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Place on baking sheet in the lower third of the oven. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake additional 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until apples are tender, filling is bubbling and crust is golden. Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Top with Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Drizzle Breyers™ Caramel Flavored Ice Cream Sauce on top and serve.