History and Civil War fans will be entranced as they meander throughout this hilltop memorial in Atlanta, Georgia. Many historical names can be found on a myriad of headstone architecture, which are seen in...
Dr. Oz is Moving to WSBTV
On September 8, 2014, Dr. Oz is moving to Channel 2 WSB-TV at 3PM. In addition, Channel 2 WSB-TV, Piedmont Hospital, Alere, Covidien, and Linx are sponsoring the “USANA Presents: Bringing Healthy Back with Dr. Oz” health expo. Dr. Oz will be in attendance this Saturday, September 13th from 9a-5pm at the Downtown Hilton.
The Health Expo is free to attend, but registration is encouraged for attendance (and required for a seat at the “90 Minutes to a Healthier You” show run-through or to get a health check).
The “90s Minutes to a Healthier You” shows will be held this Saturday from 11a-12:45p & 2p-3:45. The show will contain an all-star roster of experts (including Dr. Oz) who will share tips and advice on health, fitness and nutrition.
WSB-TV Anchors (Jovita Moore, Justin Farmer, Karen Minton, Katie Walls, Glenn Burns, Linda Stouffer) will be at the Health Expo and your readers can meet them. Jovita and Justin will also be MC’ing the “90 Minutes to a Healthier You” show.
90 MINUTES TO A HEALTHIER YOU
In this packed session, attendees will hear from:
- David Buer, Atlanta-based Sharecare Fitness Expert and celebrity trainer of people like Tyler Perry and Joey Lawrence, who will demystify frustrating fitness myths and misconceptions about working out. He will also motivate you to adopt a more active and fun lifestyle with simple and effective workout routines that you can do anywhere without any equipment.
- Stepp Stewart, a fixture on Dr. Oz, who will perform a pulse racing routine that you can easily do at home to get in tiptop shape.
- Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, Chief Doctor at Sharecare, who will show you how to use health management gadgets, use your smartphone as a personal health consultant, and demonstrate free health apps to help your health needs.
- Chefs Crystal Hoang and Seth Hendricks (of the restaurant Goin’ Coastal) who will give Southern favorites a healthy makeover to keep the dishes low in fat and calories, but high on flavor.
- Dr. David Wentz, CEO of USANA Health Sciences (a nutritional supplements company) and author of The Healthy Home, who will point out the simple ways to protect your family from hidden household dangers.
Internationally recognized Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) specialist, Dr. C. Daniel Smith of Buckhead Surgical Associates, will be on-site to conduct heartburn and GERD testing at the “Heartburn Help” clinic. Some registrants will be eligible for on-site diagnostic scoping to further assess their circumstances.
Dr. James “Butch” Rosser will share his vision of the “War On Heartburn”: the Problem, Diagnosis and Treatment in “90 Minutes to a Healthier You”. You can also register to attend his War On Heartburn Town Hall meetings.
ON-SITE TWITTER CONTEST TO MEET DR. OZ
At the Health Expo, WSB-TV will host a Twitter contest for those who are on-site. Two people who tweet the most about the Health Expo will get to meet Dr. Oz. More information about the contest will be revealed at the Health Expo.
GET SOCIAL WITH WSB AND DR. OZ
Follow the social conversation with the #DrOzOn2 hashtag
@DrOz on Twitter
@dr_oz on Instagram
@WSBTV on Twitter and Instagram
@allthingsWSB on Twitter
REGISTER TODAY FOR BRINGING HEALTHY BACK WITH DR. OZ
You can register and find more information on the event here.