The 2012 Ford Flex is a fullsized SUV with an MSRP between $29,465 and $43,100. It serves as Ford Motor Company’s entry into the fullsize crossover market. Since its inception in 2008, the Flex...
Unhackable Holiday Gifts with Intel Security
We’ve partnered with Intel Security to share how to keep your devices safe, however all opinions are my own.
Unhackable Holiday Gifts with Intel Security
Security as part of a gift guide? Sounds a little strange, right? Well it is the season for new electronic toys so that means this Christmas, everyone in my family will be receiving some sort of new electronic and frankly the last thing on my mind is security.
I worry about security on my laptop but did you know that you need to “protect yourself against cyber scrooges and keep your new toys in tip-top shape by making them practically unhackable?” Intel can definitely help you out. Let’s chat a little about each gift that might be making its way into your home this year.
Here are some guidelines on what to do right after you open that fabulous gift.
Laptops and PC’s
Laptops & PC’s are in pretty much every home and clearly the standard for family computing. Cybercriminals love to target your computers with viruses, malware, ransomware and phishing scams which are no match for world-class digital security
- Install security software as soon as you boot your new computer up for the first time.
- McAFee protects all your devices from the latest online threats.
- Back up those files on a regular basis so you don’t lose anything.
Mobile Devices & Smartphones
We are seemingly connected to our mobile devices these days but they still have sensitive data on them that we don’t want hackers getting.
- Use a passcode or fingerprint or facial recognition. This makes it impossible to use your phone if stolen.
- Download software updates as soon as they are available. They often include security fixes and latest cool features.
- Add the free McAfee® Mobile Security on your phone because it provides anti-virus, anti-theft, and privacy protection for Android devices. Plus, get added battery boosting features for Android devices.
Home IoT Devices & Home IoT (Internet of Things)
Everything is connected in my home these days. I can connect to my fridge, thermostat, home security and other things from anywhere in the world on my mobile. Leaving these items unprotected gives hackers another way to enter your home.
- Buy IoT devices from those with a positive safety record and proactive attitude towards security.
- Activate the security settings of your device and change the default password.
- Always keep the manufacturer’s software updated to stay informed of what is going on in the IoT space with regards to security and privacy.
Everyone wants a drone for Christmas. Or is that just me? Drones are so popular which makes them a target for hackers as well. Drones are flown using a computer, cellphone or laptop which means that you can get malware.
- Start your piloting career off right by reading and following all manufacturer’s instructions. Register your drone, and read the latest FAA guidelines on drone piloting.
- Choose remote locations when possible. If flying in a neighborhood, be courteous to your neighbors by staying far from their homes.
- Look for drones that use encrypted communications and strong authentication.
Enter the Island of Hackable Toys Sweepstakes
What’re you getting this holiday? It could be a trip to Iceland! Enter your email on the Intel page for your chance to win. Once complete, we’ll send you a unique link to share. Share it using #sweepstakes and for everyone who enters through your link, you’ll receive additional entries! Revisit this page and enter your email below to see how many additional entries you’ve earned.
Grand Prize: Trip to Iceland for two
Includes two-way coach class air transportation for two (2) from Icelandair’s U.S. gateway city nearest to winner’s home; round-trip ground transportation between gateway-area airport and hotel; hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) for two (6) nights in Reykjavik excluding tips and taxes; round-trip transfers between Keflavik airport and hotel.
First Prize (5 Winners)
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro Tablet and McAfee LiveSafe 1-year Subscription
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) is between US $6,500 – $7,500. Secondary Prizes (5) – o Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro tablet o McAfee LiveSafe (1 year subscription) US Only.