These delicious little no bake energy bites are the perfect healthy snack! CHOCOLATE CHERRY ENERGY BALLS Ingredients: 1-1/4 cup quick cooking oats 1/2 cup cocoa krispy rice cereal 1/3 cup slivered almonds, chopped 1/3 cup...
Slow Cooker Low Country Boil Recipe
Living here in the South, there are certain things that are just part of our food culture. Grits. Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Chunked & Topped (you really have to try it once). Fried Chicken. Fried Pickles. Ok anything fried. Brunswick Stew. Sweet Tea. Shrimp & Grits. And of course, Low Country Boil
Low Country boil is a staple in the South but it is also great summer food (or really a year round food) and normally cooked outside, but because my family loves this meal, I wanted to find a way to cook it inside in the colder months. I had success cooking it in the slow cooker and my family has loved it ever since! I’ve even started cooking it in the slow cooker during the summer.
SLOW COOKER (CROCK POT) LOW COUNTRY BOIL RECIPE
- 14 cups of water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Quarter of an 8-ounce bottle of ZATARAIN’S Crab and Shrimp Boil Liquid
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1 1/2 medium Vidalia onions, peeled
- 1 1/4 pounds cured, smoked pork sausage links, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Four 8-inch ears corn, shucked and cut in half
- 1 1/2 pounds raw medium shrimp, peel on
- 1 head of garlic, halved
Add water, bay leave, seasoning, garlic, onion, and potatoes to 6 quart or larger Slow Cooker.
Cook for 4 – 6 hours on low, until potatoes are cooked (fork pierces potatoes easily)
Add corn and sausage.
Cook on low for additional 1 – 2 hours.
Cook on low for additional 30 minutes. The shrimp should be pink when cooked. Don’t over cook
- Use a slotted spoon to serve (you don’t want to serve with liquid)