One of the things that I love to drink during the winter to warm me up is coffee. I love that there is a flavor for every mood and in fact, I match the...
Low Fat Chicken & Spinach Enchiladas Recipe with Chili Lime Sour Cream
My husband was an olive lover when I met him. He liked all kinds of olives except those with any sort of blue cheese in them. When we first traveled to Europe, we discovered olives from Spain. The olive stands at every open air market we calling us and I started trying olives. I had previously thought that all olives were the same and I was definitely mistaken.
I began to discover the complex flavors of olives from Spain.
ABOUT OLIVES FROM SPAIN
MEET OLIVES FROM SPAIN AT THE SOUTH BEACH WINE AND FOOD FESTIVAL
LOW FAT CHICKEN & SPINACH ENCHILADAS
Mexican cuisine and those delicious gooey and cheesy dishes are a real weakness for most of us trying to eat healthier and lose weight. This Low Fat Chicken & Spinach Enchilada Recipe with Low Fat Chili Lime Sour Cream Sauce is the best substitute I have found and both recipes use olive from Spain.
Not will this dish satisfy the craving of something creamy and Mexican influenced it also is healthy, lower in fat than traditional varieties plus includes vegetables as fillers in ways that make them taste better than you’ve ever had before. The olives definitely make a difference.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken is great for this recipe!)
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach (thawed & drained)
- 1 small yellow onion sliced thin
- ½ cup 2% milk sharp cheddar cheese shredded (divided)
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons minced roasted Garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of sliced ripe black olives from Spain
- 1 small tomato diced
- In large skillet sauté onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon Olive Oil for 5-6 minutes or until the onion is tender. Add in shredded chicken, cream soup, spinach, and skim milk. Simmer on medium heat for 7-10 minutes. Add in cumin, paprika and ¼ Cup cheese. Allow to cook melting cheese for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place tortillas on microwave safe plate and sprinkle lightly with water (1-2 Tablespoons total). Cover with paper towel and heat on high for 30-45 seconds to soften.
- Spray 9×13” casserole dish with non-stick spray. Place 2 heaping tablespoons chicken & veggie mixture into each tortilla and roll placing in casserole dish with seam side down. Sprinkle the top with sliced olives and reserved ¼ Cup Cheese. Set aside for sauce.
LOW FAT CHILI LIME SOUR CREAM SAUCE
- 16 oz fat free sour cream
- 1 small can Green chilies
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 cup Green olives from Spain
- In blender combine all ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Pour into medium saucepan and cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes to allow flavors to combine well. Pour sauce over prepared enchiladas.
- Bake Enchiladas at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then serve with extra black olives, lettuce, tomato or even sliced avocado or salsa.
GET SOCIAL WITH OLIVES FROM SPAIN
Compensation was provided by Olives from Spain via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Olives from Spain or Momtrends.