Grab your glasses and bow tie, and join Mr. Peabody & Sherman on the time travel adventure of a lifetime. Mr. Peabody, Sherman and cast of characters are coming to a theater near you on March 7, 2014....
Cheerios Spoonful of Stories
Journeys to outer space, talking animals, enchanted castles – the world of reading has no limits! Books can offer a child imaginary and thought provoking experiences unlike any other, and there is so much reward in helping a child discover the joy of reading.
To help grow kids’ love of reading at a young age, this fall Cheerios® is once again inviting families to start the day with a nutritious breakfast and a new book. As part of its ongoing commitment to nurturing young bodies and minds and helping families connect by fostering a shared love of reading, Cheerios will provide more than six million children’s books, free inside Cheerios boxes, through its Spoonfuls of Stories® program. Over the past nine years, Cheerios has distributed almost 50 million children’s books in-pack.
This year’s free in-pack book offerings, appropriate for children ages three to eight and written in both English and Spanish, include:
- All the World, by Liz Garton Scanlon and illustrated by Marla Frazee, which discusses the many wonderful things a child can encounter in the world as well as the commonalities all the world shares.
- Chaucer’s First Winter, by Stephen Krensky and illustrated by Henry Cole, follows a bear named Chaucer, who knows he is supposed to sleep through the winter but feels it’s much more fun to stay up and play.
- Jump!, by Scott M. Fischer, chronicles the adventures of a bug, a frog, a cat, a hound, a crocodile, a shark, and a whale, who all love to jump!
- No T. Rex in the Library, by Toni Buzzeo and illustrated by Sachiko Yoshikawa, is a story about a little girl named Tess and her adventures in the library with a boisterous T-Rex.
- The Purple Kangaroo, by comedian Michael Ian Black and illustrated by Peter Brown, which is a vivid and humor-filled story that tricks the reader into thinking about a purple kangaroo.
As studies have consistently shown, children with greater access to books and other print materials are more successful in school and in life. However, one recent study revealed that in low-income neighborhoods, there is only about one age-appropriate book for every 300 children,* a statistic that exposes one of the biggest barriers affecting literacy today – lack of access to books. In an effort to help combat this issue, Cheerios, as part of its Spoonfuls of Stories initiative, will also make a $300,000 financial donation to First Book, an award-winning national nonprofit that helps get books into the hands of children in need. Cheerios has donated more than $3.5 million to First Book over the past nine years.
To learn more about the Spoonfuls of Stories program or to donate to First Book, visit www.spoonfulsofstories.com beginning November 1.
WIN A CHEERIOS SPOONFUL OF STORIES PRIZE PACK GIVEAWAY WHICH INCLUDES:
A $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble, all five of the new in-pack titles and a box of Cheerios.
Answer any of all of these questions for 1 entry each: how often do you read with your children? What is your favorite children’s book? If you could be a character from a children’s book, who would it be? You must answer at least one question and leave the answer in the comments below as your first mandatory entry.
1. Blog about the giveaway as a separate blog post. – 5 entries
2. Add a relevant comment to any non-giveaway posts on my blog or Enter any of my other giveaways – 2 entries for each blog post you comment on
3. Follow me, @StacieinAtlanta on Twitter and then hit the Twitter Share button below to Tweet out about this contest. You can do this no more than once every four hours each day for extra entries AND you MUST have more than 100 followers on Twitter. Leave your Twitter comment link in the comments section below. Take an extra entry for each person who RT’s you! – 1 entry
4. Subscribe by email or RSS Reader. Add the Divine Miss Mommy button to your blogroll or post my button in your sidebar (badge is on the bottom, right side of my blog) Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect – Click “Join this site”. Like The Divine Miss Mommy on Facebook. If you have already done any of these things, you still get the entries – 2 entries each
Contest ends on 11/21/2010 at 11:59 PM EST. Winner be notified via email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
DISCLOSURE: The information and giveaway were given to me from General Mills through MyBlogSpark. I was provided with a gift pack for my participation.