Caramel Apple Sangria Caramel apple sangria is one of my total favorite drinks! It's super easy to make and is one fo those crowd favorites that everyone loves and raves about which makes it...
Red, White & Blue Patriotic OREO Cookies
RED, WHITE & BLUE PATRIOTIC OREO COOKIES
***Makes 12 servings***
1 cookie = 1 serving
- 12 oz. Wilton red chocolate melts
- 12 Oreo sandwich cookie (any black & white sandwich cookie will suffice)
- 12 candy sticks (located with the Wilton items at major retailers)
- Patriotic sprinkles
- 2-3 short cups to stand the Oreos up in after dipping
- In a microwave safe dish melt the red Wilton candy melts in 30 second increments. Stir after every 30 seconds and continue to microwave until melted. Let cool 2-3 minutes before dipping the cookies.
- While the chocolate is cooling remove the tops of the Oreos on all 12 cookies and place one candy stick in the middle.
- Take a small teaspoon and scoop a small amount of chocolate on top of the candy stick. Replace the top onto the Oreo. The chocolate with harden acting like glue. Repeat this step will all 12 Oreos and place on a plate or cookie sheet and set in the fridge to harden for 20 minutes.
- Remove the Oreos from the fridge. If the chocolate has started to harden simply microwave it again in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
- Using a spoon, dip each Oreo with red chocolate letting the excess chocolate drip back into the dish. Once it is completely coated stand it up in a short cup or glass to let set. Every 1-2 Oreos you dip, sprinkle with Patriotic sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Repeat this process with the rest of your cookies.
- Once all the cookies are dipped and sprinkled place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to completely set.