Cantaloupe Agua Fresca Drink Recipe Spring means more fresh produce which always signifies the end of winter for me. I love heading to a farmers market, grocery store or even a fruit stand to...
Pineapple Granita Ice Recipe
Pineapple Granita Ice Recipe
I have always been a pineapple lover. I really love pineapple. When we moved to Hawaii many years ago, we used to take frequent trips to the DOLE® pineapple plantation so that we could always have fresh pineapple in the house. To this day, we buy a few pineapples and DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice every single time we go grocery shopping. We frequently cook with pineapple and we add the juice to a lot of our favorite recipes, like teriyaki chicken. Our Pineapple Chicken Satay Appetizer Recipe is one of our most popular. Pineapple juice is so delicious, versatile and very easy to cook with. In fact, just replace water with DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice and your recipe will instantly get better. We hope that you love this Pineapple Granita Ice Recipe.
DOLE Pineapple Juice
DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice is easy to incorporate into any of your favorite recipes. It is great on its own or in your favorite smoothie, cocktail or mocktail. In fact, it can make your favorite marinade even more delicious. Featuring an exotic taste, DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice is refreshing, a great alternative to orange juice and is non-GMO as well as naturally gluten-free. If you are searching for blender granita, can you make granita in an ice cream maker, cocktail granita, italian frozen fruit dessert, italian granita recipe, what is a granita drink, how to make granita or an italian fruit drink, then our granita ice recipe is exactly the italian fruit ice recipe you need.
Ingredients for the pineapple granita
- 1 46-oz can of DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup simple syrup (buy it or use our recipe below)
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime, fine chop
- 3 medium size basil leaves, finely chopped
- 7 medium size mint leaves, finely chopped
Ingredients for the simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
Directions for the granita
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into a large baking pan (I used a 9×13 glass baking dish).
- Place the pan in the freezer for around 1 1/2 – 2 hours, stirring every 15-20 minutes with a fork.
- You are trying to break up the ice as it forms.
- The granita is ready when it has the consistency of shaved ice.
Directions for the simple syrup
- Place the sugar and water in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, remove the simple syrup from the heat.
- Cool before using in the granita recipe.
Whether you needed a granita drink recipe, how to make your own italian ice, alcoholic granita recipe, sorbet like dessert from italy, what is granita, frozen fruit juice dessert, granita flavors or even frozen dessert made with fruit juice, our frozen fruit granita will not disappoint. We hope that you are inspired by this Pineapple Granita Ice Recipe. Thanks for reading!