Summer Salad with Watermelon, Mango & Feta Cheese Nothing says Summer to me quite like a salad. I love the fresh greens and the fresh fruit available as soon as the weather starts to...
Mini Ice Cream Sandwich Monsters Recipe
It is safe to say that we are avid Kroger shoppers. Our local Kroger is amazing. The store is large and clean with a gourmet cheese section that would rival shops in France. They really are that good. As long time Kroger shoppers, my husband and I very familiar with their in-house brands. We actually but many of them because we love the quality. We are especially fond of the Private Selection label and the many offerings available. We also love the Simple Organic brand and have purchased these items since they first introduced it a few years ago.
About the Kroger brands
The Kroger brands stretch from corner to corner of the store, with over 10,000 quality items that families know they can trust – products you can only find at the Kroger Co. Family of Stores! These include Kroger, Big K®, Wholesome@Home™, Fresh Selections by Kroger®, Home Sense®, Comforts for Baby®, Private Selection™ and Simple Truth®. Plus, stay on budget while feeding your family meals they'll love with our P$$T…™, Check This Out… and Heritage Farm™ brands.
Kroger Private Selection
Private Selection is a line of gourmet and artisan foods and ingredients offering the finest, freshest, most authenticproducts. From their thick, fluffy, crisp Belgian Waffles to Sautéed Vegetable Lasagna with tender vegetables, rolled durum pasta and 4 delectable cheeses, you're sure to find something to delight your senses and elevate your culinary experience.
Kroger Simple Truth
Simple Truth® and Simple Truth Organic® are affordable and delicious foods that represent the joy of eating closer to the way nature intended. These foods provide a simple, uncomplicated and trustworthy solution to the challenge of simply better living. You'll find Simple Truth® and Simple Truth Organic® items throughout the store during your everyday shopping trips. Clean, simple packaging and easy-to-understand ingredient lists mean you know exactly what is going into your food.
Mini Ice Cream Sandwich Monsters
- 2 cups of Private Selection 43% Cacao Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Private Selection Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Simple Truth Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Simple Truth Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 Simple Truth Natural Grain Fed Large Eggs Grade A
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Private Selection Sea salt
- Betty Crocker Candy Shop Candy Eyeballs
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or use a silicone baking sheet like we do.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until they are fluffy and light. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a another medium mixing bowl.
- Add the dry flour mixture to your egg mixture in the mixing bowl and mix until almost fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Put about 1 teaspoon of cookie mix onto your prepared baking sheet. Space them around 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until golden brown. Place cookies on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- While cookies are cooling, use an ice cream to scoop about 1/2 cup of ice cream. Use plastic wrap and drop the ice cream. Do this for the amount of sandwiches you plan to make. Place another sheet of plastic wrap over the ice cream, smash to about an 1 1/2 inches thick and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and assemble your ice cream sandwiches. Add googly eyes and you are finished. Eat or freeze.
Win a $50 Kroger gift card
One lucky reader of Divine Lifestyle will win a $50 Kroger gift card. To enter, answer this question: “What's your favorite thing to bake for Halloween?” Leave your answer below as a comment.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.