Disney Parks Hopes to Inspire 1 Million Volunteers Beginning January 1, 2010 Disney Parks today announced a new program that celebrates the spirit of volunteer service with a simple proposition: “Give a Day, Get...
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom in Disney World
During select nights between September and November, from 7:00 PM until 12:00 AM, the Magic Kingdom®hosts Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. On those nights, the theme park becomes a masquerade party where anyone of any age may dress up as their favorite character and enjoy the festivities as they scavenge the theme park for treats.
This unscary party is designed for those who want to celebrate the fun parts of the holiday but would rather not be exposed to the more macabre aspects. Of course, many of the regular rides and attractions at the theme park will be open during this time, but most will be appropriately decorated for the season.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY
- Special entertainment provided during the Halloween Party
- Visitors will be treated to the complimentary Mickey Mouse Halloween Parade called “Boo-to-You” where they can celebrate with their favorite Disney characters. The parade starts with a theatrical entrance ride by the Headless Horseman and includes cast members of the Haunted Mansion
- Disney characters and Disney villains will be in their own Halloween costumes during this special time.
- Guests will be treated to a Halloween fireworks show called “Happy HalloWishes” where they can watch as the Disney villains trick or treat in the sky.
- Certain areas of the Magic Kingdom will be transformed into the “Happy Haunted Hollows,” complete with thematic effects, special lighting and music to set the mood.
For those planning to spend their Halloween at the Magic Kingdom®, some Walt Disney World resorts will offer up to a 30 percent Fall savings discount on the room price only. This discount is for select days, starting on October 30th and lasting until November 18th.