This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CapriSunParties #CollectiveBias This Valentine's Day, you can plan your very own party using some fun ideas for...
Kool Aid Dye & Scented Wood
My daughter wants us to now dye her name in Kool Aid letters because this letter is so cute!
KOOL AID DYE & SCENTED WOOD
- 1 packet of Kool Aid, color and flavor of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Paint brush, foam or bristle works great
- Small bowl
- Wood object of your choice (we used a small wooden letter, you can choose any unfinished wood product prefer)
- Fill the small bowl with two tablespoons of water. Warm water seems to work best.
- Add in the packet of drink mix. Stir well until the powder is dissolved. For deeper color, use less water. For lighter color, add an additional tablespoon.
- Dip your paintbrush into the mixture and use it just as you would use paint. Apply it in layers to the wood piece of your choice. The piece should be unfinished wood for the color to take. If it has been previously stained or treated it will not saturate it.
- Apply the dye until the piece if covered with color. Allow it an hour to dry.
The finished product will not only have great color, but will smell like the flavor drink mix you are using!