We are back with another fun way to decorate for the holidays. We all know how Poinsettia's are available in abundance around Christmas. They are bright, festive and pretty much look good anywhere....
DIY Turkey T Shirt
Kids will love looking like a turkey when you craft this DIY turkey t-shirt. This turkey t-shirt can be made using just $2 in supplies and under 30 minutes. The best part is, you don’t even have to sew! Take a look below at how we crafted our own turkey t-shirt, perfect for Thanksgiving parties or just to get into the season of Thanksgiving in general!
DIY TURKEY T-SHIRT
Here is what you will need:
- Brown T-shirt (we found ours at Dollar Tree for $1)
- White, black, and yellow felt (.25 each at our local craft store)
- Red felt or red rick rack such as we used
- Fabric glue
We already had the glue on hand, so as mentioned the total cost for this project is a mere $2. This would make these a perfect project for classroom parties at that price!
- Begin by cutting out the following shapes from your felt: Pair of large white circles, pair of small black circles, one orange triangle.
- Apply some glue to the back of your white circles first. Place them close to each other and press them to the upper chest of the shirt.
- Next, add some glue to the small black circles. Press them into the center of the white circles as we did.
- Add the beak. Add some glue to the triangle and press it just below the eyes of the turkey.
- Finish the face of your turkey by adding the gobbler. You can use a strip of red felt or a strip of red rick rack like we did.
- Once your fabric glue is dry and your pieces are well adhered, your turkey t-shirt is ready to be used.
Kids will love having this funny turkey face on their chest, and you will love that you crafted this shirt for just a few dollars! Gather your supplies and give this turkey t-shirt craft a try!