Easy Halloween DIY: EEK Wood Blocks I absolutely LOVE these DIY EEK Halloween blocks. There are so easy to make and look adorable anywhere in your home! I love that I can display it...
DIY Easy Painted Chevron Headboard
For our latest project, we had the opportunity to use FrogTape's Shape Tape in the chevron pattern.
My daughter needs a headboard for her room so we headed to our local home improvement store and bought this board for $2 and here are the supplies you need to create this project:
ABOUT FROGTAPE® SHAPE TAPE™
Shape Tape™ is FrogTape® brand’s first edge treated painter’s tape with pre-cut patterns: Chevron, Wave and Scallop. You can stagger the placement of the tape, or vary the widths, for personalized and unique designs.
Shape Tape™ is treated with patented PaintBlock® Technology, a super absorbent polymer that reacts with the water in latex paint and instantly gels to form a micro-barrier that seals the edges of the tape, which helps prevent paint bleed. It’s designed with a slit liner on the back of the tape for easier application – remove one half of the liner, position the tape and remove the other half.
DIY EAST PAINTED CHEVRON HEADBOARD WITH
FROGTAPE® SHAPE TAPE™
Let's get started!
1. You need the items pictured above:
* board or whatever materials you are painting
* paint brush
* FrogTape® Shape Tape™ in desired pattern – we chose chevron
Paint your base white. You can choose whatever color you like best but since my daughter's furniture is white, we opted for a white background.
Let it dry completely. In our case, it took about three hours for it to dry.
2. Once your board is dry, you will need your FrogTape® Shape Tape™
Choose a pattern in which you want your tape. We went with landscape so that there would be a long chevron pattern on our board. Lay the tape out so that you can decide how much space you want in between the chevron pattern.
3. Once you are satisfied with how your board in laid out, remove the back from the Shape Tape™ and start placing it on the board. Make certain to smooth all of the edges and ensure that they are sticking to the board. You don't want paint to get under there and once it is smooth on the board, this means that the patented PaintBlock® Technology is in place.
4. Now you are ready to paint. I let my daughter decide where to put each color. We began painting and painted all of the white on the board.
We let our board dry overnight.
5. Once your board is dry, you can gently remove your FrogTape® Shape Tape™ ~ I just slowly pulled in the direction of the wood grain.
Continue to remove all of the tape on the board. Look how perfect the chevron pattern looks. The tape come off perfectly.
6. Finally look at your fabulous headboard and decide what an incredibly fabulous crafter you are. Resolve to use Shape Tape™ on all of your future projects. Ok just kidding but I will definitely use it again. Shape Tape™ was very easy to use and did exactly what it promised.
Look at our beautiful headboard:
WHERE TO FIND FROGTAPE® SHAPE TAPE™
Shape Tape™ is available at participating Lowes and Walmart locations, and all Menards stores across the United States.
GET SOCIAL WITH FROGTAPE® SHAPE TAPE™
Make certain to follow FrogTape® Shape Tape™ for more creative inspiration and fabulous ideas!
Tweet with FrogTape® Shape Tape™ on Twitter
See what FrogTape® Shape Tape™ is pinning on Pinterest
Visit http://frogtape.com/shapetape for more information.
Stay tuned for a FrogTape contest on Twitter!