We love cookies in this house. Not only do we participate in several cookie exchanges each year, we also make cookies as gifts and just to have around the house during the holiday season....
Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Recipe
On weeknights, I'm always on the search for recipes for delicious and healthy meals for my family that also don't take too much time to prepare. Last night, I created this yummy chicken and vegetable pasta that combines all those things. For the rich simmered-for-hours sauce, here's my secret: Prego Homestyle Alfredo, which has the perfect balance of fresh cream, garlic, and Parmesan cheese for a smooth and creamy taste.
Check out the recipe and let us know what you think!
CHICKEN VEGETABLE ALFREDO
- 1 jar Prego Homestyle Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken, cut into thin strips
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 oz chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound pasta, cooked to package directions
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- Chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Salt, pepper, and thyme to taste
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and thyme. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan until hot. Add the chicken and saute' for a couple of minutes, then add the mushrooms and peppers. Saute until the vegetables and chicken are cooked through.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock. Add the Prego Alfredo sauce and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and Parmesan cheese and toss until the cheese is melted and the pasta is well coated.
- Plate and garnish with the diced tomatoes and chopped parsley.
You can literally see the seasonings, the herbs and the bright color of sauce so you know that it has to be good!