Well, the Christmas Season is here! Which means it is time to get decorating and in the Christmas spirit! I am definitely one that loves to save money when it comes to decor. I...
Burlap Halloween Wreath
- Foam wreath form
- 1 yard of burlap fabric
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Black ribbon
- Halloween scrapbook paper
- Mini Owl (Dollar Tree, $1)
- Begin by cutting your burlap fabric into 1-2 inch thick strips.
- Add a generous dab of hot glue to the end of the fabric strip. Press it to the inside of the wreath form.
- You can now start wrapping your fabric. Wrap it tightly around the form, pulling firmly as you go.
- When one piece ends, secure the end of the strip with glue to the form. Then, start a new strip the same way you began the original strip. Just glue, press, and begin to wrap.
- Once the wreath form is covered, you can add embellishments. Take a length of twine and some scrapbook paper to create a bunting banner. Cut small triangles out of the paper and then press them to the twine. Secure the banner to the wreath with glue.
- Now, add the owl. You can find an owl like we used at Dollar Tree or your local craft store. Secure it with glue, OR, if there are metal prongs in it, simply press it into the wreath.
- Finish the wreath by tying a length of black ribbon into a bow. You can now use the ribbon for hanging.