I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. I grew up with Philly...
Brown Sugar & Vanilla Popcorn Balls
While these Brown Sugar and Vanilla Popcorn Balls would certainly be devoured by children, I created these with sweet toothed adults in mind. A grown up version of a fall childhood favorite – Chewy and sweet with a delicious vanilla flavor throughout. They will be the hit of any Halloween party,add as a treat to the dessert table on Thanksgiving, take them to the office to share, send them to school for the class party, or hoard them in the pantry any way they will disappear!
BROWN SUGAR & VANILLA POPCORN BALLS
- 12 cups popped corn
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Pop corn using your preferred method, remove all unpopped kernels and put into a large bowl.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat combine butter and brown sugar, mix until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add marshmallows, vanilla, and salt. Stir until completely melted, remove from heat.
- Allow to cool until it is comfortable to the touch, butter hands well and begin forming a ball shape in whatever size you desire. Press the ball tightly together, lay on waxed paper and allow to set.
- Pour over popcorn in bowl, stir well to coat all.
- If desired, while they are still very sticky sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap.