We love our clothing around here and if you read this blog, then you know how much we truly love fashion. Nordstrom is one of my all time favorite stores to shop at because...
A Day in Our Shoes – Husband & Wife
I am a shoe lover. I fully admit that. I don't know what it is that attracts me so much to shoes. I love color, texture, flats, heels and so much more.
When I need shoes for the family, I always head to Famous Footwear. Every single time we shop there, every member of the family (all five of us) come home with something that we like. We are always satisfied by our Famous Footwear shopping trips. In fact, next month, we head to New York where we will do a little school shopping for the kids and we always hit every Famous Footwear we find in the city.
My husband and I both needed some new shoes this spring. He wanted something that looked nice and that he could wear to many places. I wanted the same thing but I wanted all of that in heels. I wanted to be able to go from meetings during the day to fun events at night. And I didn't want to have to worry about my feet aching. However I don't want to sacrifice comfort this summer especially when I will be going non-stop in NYC next month.
These were tall orders. We headed straight to Famous Footwear. My husband found what he wanted first.
He went for the Sperry Top-Sider Men's Halyard Sneaker is both comfortable and stylish. They call it “stress-free styling” and my husband calls it his new favorite shoe. He wears it with shorts, casual pants and jeans. They look great in every scenario.
Here is what the Famous Footwear website says about them (our thoughts are in parentheses):
- Canvas upper in a casual slip-on sneaker style (he chose the navy but now wants the black as well)
- Metal eyelet detail (this makes the shoe look great)
- Can be worn with or without laces (without the laces gives the shoe a nice, clean look)
- Padded tongue and collar (adds comfort)
- Smooth lining and lightly cushioned insole (he loves the feel)
- Vulcanized construction (I don't even know what this means but it sounds cool)
- Rubber outsole with Wave-Siping(TM) for wet and dry traction (my husband says that this is a major selling point and makes him pick these shoes the most).
I chose the Aerosoles Women's Pearl Plush Wedge Sandal in Black which are comfortable and stylish. Exactly what I was looking for on this shopping trip. They delivered that and so much more.
I wanted to specifically show you a pair without my feet in them so that you can see the fabric lining the sole. It is a plush black suede that is so incredibly comfortable that I really enjoy wearing them. Plus they look great on as well!
Here is what the Famous Footwear website says about them (my thoughts in parenthesis):
- Faux leather upper in a wedge sandal style ( I had no idea that these were faux leather until I read it on here).
- Open toe (love this! I love displaying freshly painted toenails).
- Front zip closure (this makes this sandal totally on trend).
- Strappy design (this elongates the leg).
- Inside elastic goring panels ensure a secure fit (they feel stable while wearing – no strap breaks here).
- Smooth lining with a cushioning footbed (I cannot mention this enough – I love the footbed).
- Traction outsole, 3 ½ inch wedge heel (feels tall without being too tall).
GET INSPIRED BY #OHSOFAMOUS FROM FAMOUS FOOTWEAR
Want to have some fun and show off your shoes? Head over to #ohsofamous for a chance to share your Famous Footwear with the world. Look who's new favorite shoes are pictured on the top row! Woohoo!
#ohsofamous is a fun place to get inspiration, explore what others are wearing, and see the variety that Famous Footwear offers. People can share pictures via social media with the #ohsofamous hashtag.
Get inspired by what others are wearing and share your own #ohsofamous moments.
GET SOCIAL WITH FAMOUS FOOTWEAR
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.