Peeps Pretzel Rods Peeps have been a part of every single Easter that I can remember growing up and since I have had my own family as well. My dad has had a long...
Strawberry Cream Cupcakes
My kids love strawberries and so do I. This time of year here in Georgia is strawberry picking time. This means we get to have a lot of fun and come home with a TON of strawberries.
Every year for Mother's Day, my kids will make me something and it almost always involves strawberries. I love when my kids cook me breakfast in bed or make me a cake because I know that they put some thought into it and it really is one of the best gifts ever!
I will freeze about 3/4 of the strawberries but with the rest I will make a few of my favorite recipes. These strawberry cream cupcakes are moist, fluffy and absolutely delicious. They are one of our favorite summer treats. They can be made quickly, travel well and make a great addition to a party.
STRAWBERRY CREAM CUPCAKES
- 1 Box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® White Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries pureed (DO NOT DRAIN)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Prepare cake mix as instructed on the box, substituting the pureed strawberries for the water.
3. Spoon cake mix into cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full.
4. Bake as instructed on the box.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add in the vanilla and mix, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.