Pineapple & Mint Basil Granita Recipe I have always been a pineapple lover. I really love pineapple. When we moved to Hawaii many years ago, we used to take frequent trips to the DOLE®...
Spiked Oktoberfest Donuts Recipe
SPIKED OKTOBERFEST DONUTS
INGREDIENTS FOR DONUTS
- 1 cup Oktoberfest beer of choice
- 3 and ½ cups of whole wheat pastry flour (can sub with all-purpose flour if needed)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 and ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 tbsp butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk (milk + 1 tsp vinegar)
INGREDIENTS FOR GLAZE
- 2 tbsp Oktoberfest beer
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a small saucepan, simmer oktoberfest beer for about 20-30 minutes. It will be ¼ cup after.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice mix, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add 1 egg in at a time until thoroughly mixed. Add in the buttermilk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- After the dough has been thoroughly mixed lined 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. The dough will be very sticky – that is normal.
- Sprinkle flour onto the parchment paper – flour is your friend here, the more you use the least the dough will stick to the paper.
- With your floured hands, stretch the dough the length of your baking pan. It should be about ½ an inch thick.
- Put the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes until it is a little bit hard.
- Remove from freezer and cut 3 inch circles for the donuts (I used a wine glass, but use what you have on hand). Cut 1 inch circles inside of the donuts. Use a small circle cap or an apple corer.
- Remove the extra scrap dough and roll into a ball. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the donuts are in the refrigerator, head about 3 inches of oil in a large pot. When the oil is 360 degrees it is ready. You can use a candy thermometer.
- Drop donuts in the frying oil. Remember to not overcrowd them. Fry until golden brown. Flip and fry the other side.
- Remove donuts and allow to cool on a paper towel for about 1 minute.
- Dip the warm donuts in the glaze.
- Garnish with pumpkin pie spice mix (optional)