Rainbow Chicken Fried Rice Recipe Dinner time is almost always one of the busiest time of the day around here. So while sometimes I love to spend time cooking something indulgent and elaborated, other...
Sour Patch Kids Cupcakes
However, one day I kept chewing and the sweetness perfectly balanced out the sour. These things were pretty good.
For birthdays each year, each person in our family gets to pick their cake (homemade or bakery bought) and their meal of choice (again homemade or in a restaurant). I thought that it would be fun this year to make cupcakes with the Sour Patch kids that my son loves so well.
Aren't they adorable?
SOUR PATCH KIDS CUPCAKES
- White cake box mix
- Food coloring
- Lemon, Lime, Orange, and Raspberry flavor extracts
- Sour Patch Kids
- 1 Can white Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First begin by mixing your cake mix as directed on the box. We used Betty Crocker Supermoist Cake Mix, White
- Separate mixture evenly into four bowls
- For red, add 15 drops red food coloring
- For green, add 15 drops green food coloring
- For yellow, add 15 drops red food coloring
- For orange, add 7 drops yellow, 2 drops red food coloring
- Bake as directed
METHOD TO COMPLETE CUPCAKES
- Start with a can of white frosting and seperate into four bowls
- Color just like the cake
- As for flavoring, add about 8 drops of each flavoring to each of the corresponding colors. For a stronger taste add more. This provides a taste but not TOO strong
- Frost your cupcakes when completely cooled
- Top with a Sour Patch Kid
- As for the sugar sprinkled on top all I did was take the leftover sugar from the bottom of the bag and sprinkle over top!