Game Day for the Gourmet: Mini Snickers Chocolate Torte Footballs Recipe Type: Dessert Author: Stacie Haight Connerty Prep time: 45 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 45 mins Serves: 8-12...
Saffron Scented Mediterranean Rice Recipe
With the changing seasons, we are wanting more and more fresh vegetables in our meals. We head to the farmers market a few times per week to see what they have to offer and with the mission of fresh ingredients.
We created this Saffron Scented Mediterranean Rice recipe to have leftovers but it was sooooo good that there wasn't a scrap left. Check it out.
SAFFRON SCENTED MEDITERRANEAN RICE
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced medium
- 2 carrots, diced medium
- 2 celery stalks, diced medium
- 1 red bell pepper, diced medium
- 8oz Cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced garlic
- 1/3 cup green olives, halved
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups Minute® Rice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over a medium flame, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, carrots, celery, peppers, and garlic. Sweat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, capers, and olives. Cover the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes. You want the mushrooms to release their liquid and for the vegetables to become soft.
- Add the parsley, thyme, and saffron. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock and tomatoes. Increase heat, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Once everything is boiling, remove the pot from the heat and add the Minute Rice. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in the butter and cheese. Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.
ABOUT MINUTE® RICE
Minute® Rice is quick and easy to prepare and is a great pantry staple. When mealtime seems like a hassle, Minute® Rice is a go-to ingredient your whole family will love.
What we love about Minute® Rice is that you can have great-tasting, fluffy white rice in just 5 minutes with Minute® White Rice. It’s easy to prepare and is the foundation to any wholesome meal. If you like the nutty, rich flavor of brown rice, Minute 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice is a delicious, nutritious option, as it has similar nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice, but is ready in just 10 minutes, – ¼ the time!!
Visit minuterice.com for over 400 recipe ideas, great for any day of the week and any time of the day, and more information about the Minute® Rice family of products and to join the Minute® Rice Riceipe Club.