Everyone loves a good casserole, right? We love making casseroles around here and even better when they can be made ahead of time to be baked when needed. We have posted many casserole recipes...
Pineapple & Mint Basil Granita Recipe
I have always been a pineapple lover. I really love pineapple. When we moved to Hawaii many years ago, we used to take frequent trips to the DOLE® pineapple plantation so that we could always have fresh pineapple in the house.
To this day, we buy a few pineapples and DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice every single time we go grocery shopping. We frequently cook with pineapple and we add the juice to a lot of our favorite recipes, like teriyaki chicken. Our Pineapple Chicken Satay Appetizer Recipe is one of our most popular.
Pineapple juice is so delicious, versatile and very easy to cook with. In fact, just replace water with DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice and your recipe will instantly get better.
DOLE Pineapple Juice
DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice is easy to incorporate into any of your favorite recipes. It is great on its own or in your favorite smoothie, cocktail or mocktail. In fact, it can make your favorite marinade even more delicious. Featuring an exotic taste, DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice is refreshing, a great alternative to orange juice and is non-GMO as well as naturally gluten-free.
For the Granita
- 1 46-oz can of DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 1 cup simple syrup (recipe below)
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1 lime, fine chop
- 6 medium size basil leaves, fine chop
- 4 medium size mint leaves, fine chop
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into a large baking pan (I used a 9×13 glass baking dish).
- Place the pan in the freezer for around 1 1/2 – 2 hours, stirring every 15-20 minutes with a fork.
- You are trying to break up the ice as it forms.
- The granita is ready when it has the consistency of shaved ice.
For the simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Place the sugar and water in a small sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- When the sugar is completely dissolved, remove the simple syrup from the heat.
- Cool before using in the granita recipe.