One of the things that I love to drink during the winter to warm me up is coffee. I love that there is a flavor for every mood and in fact, I match the...
Pico de Gallo with Vidalia onions
PICO DE GALLO WITH VIDALIA ONIONS
- 8 plum tomatoes, medium diced
- 1 large Vidalia onion, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- tortilla chips as needed
- Chop or dice all ingredients as listed above.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour to allow the flavors to mix.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
CHECK OUT ALL OF OUR VIDALIA ONION POSTS:
ENTER THE “V” CULINARY CHALLENGE
With the launch of this year’s onion season, The Vidalia Onion Committee is hosting a contest for food bloggers everywhere to develop a unique recipe featuring the super sweet and extra tasty, Vidalia onions.
One Grand Prize winner will be awarded:
- $2,500 cash prize
- Winner’s recipe, bio and blog featured highlighted on the Vidalia Onion Committee’s website and Pinterest Page for one year.
Two Runner-up Winners will each receive a cash prize of $500!
There are also plenty of other opportunities for participating fans to win something too! Each week during the contest, the Vidalia Onion Committee will be hosting smaller trivia contests and giveaways on their Facebook page where you can win tasty Vidalia onions, and other fun prizes! You can find full details and contest rules on Vidalia Onions’s Facebook page here. Grab a special coupon to save $0.50 on your Vidalia Onion purchase.
Do you have a delicious and unique recipe of your own? Share it with the Vidalia Onion Council and be entered to win! Contributed recipes and images will be posted on the contest page and fans will be given the opportunity to vote for their favorites.
Voting will begin on May 1st and will run through August 4th. Don’t forget to keep checking back though. Recipes will be added daily through June 10th.
How do you use Vidalia onions?
The Vidalia Onion Committee sponsored this trip to Vidalia. All opinions are our own.