Have you ever been to a party and had an appetizer that is so fabulous, that you ask for the recipe right then and there? This is such a recipe. We brought it to...
Pasta Carbonara Recipe
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NatureRaised Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
Pasta Carbonara Recipe + $50 Sam’s Card #Giveaway
A simple pasta dish that can most likely be made with ingredients that you already have in the fridge! We made ours with the addition of roasted broccoli, which admittedly is not traditional. But that is the thing about this dish…add your favorite veggie! It will rock! Just make sure that the vegetable is cooked prior to adding to the dish. Using NatureRaised Farm® Bacon makes life so much better during the holidays and indeed any time of year because…BACON!
Pasta Carbonara Recipe
- 1 lb pasta
- 2 ea 2 pound boxes of chicken stock (look at your grocery store…it is the stock that comes made in a box)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound Nature Raised Bacon, sliced thin
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of thinly sliced green onion for garnish
- 2 cups roasted broccoli (tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Baked on a sheet tray for 25 min at 375)
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the bacon and cook until almost crispy. Add the garlic and cook until the the bacon crisps and the garlic begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and pour off half of the fat (leave the rest).
- Heat the chicken stock in a pot over a high flame. While it is heating, beat the eggs and cheese together in a large mixing bowl (yes, large…you will add the pasta later to this bowl).
- When the stock is boiling, add the pasta and cook per the directions. While this is happening, mix the bacon garlic mix into the eggs (it should have cooled a bit by this point, you don’t want it so hot that it cooks the eggs.
- Strain the pasta, but save about a cup of the stock. Whisk about 1/2 of a cup of the hot stock into the egg mixture. Add the pasta and the roasted broccoli while mixing constantly. The goal here is to cook the egg with the heat of the pasta. We don’t want to let it sit at this point because we don’t want scrambled egg pasta, we want a creamy sauce.
- Adjust the thickness of the sauce with the rest of the stock to your liking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the pasta and top with thinly sliced green onion and grated romano cheese.
- Eat, live, and enjoy!!!
About NatureRaised Farms®
NatureRaised Farms® stands by their commitment to Doing What’s Right, Right from the Start®. They know that you care about the food choices you make. It’s not just about wholesome ingredients — you want to know how the food you eat is raised and prepared. At NatureRaised Farms, they believe in that, too. That’s why they use all—natural* ingredients, and work with dedicated farmers who raise the animals with no antibiotics ever, 100% vegetarian feed and no added hormones. Both NatureRaised Farms® Ham and Bacon have:
- no antibiotics (ever)
- no added hormones
- no growth promotants
Find NatureRaised Farms® Bacon Near You
Shop in Sam’s Club for the NatureRaised Farms® Bacon. Find it in the sandwich meat bunker and find NatureRaised Farms® Bacon in the refrigerated section.
Enter to win a $50 Sam’s Club Gift Card
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods NatureRaised Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.