Tween Academy continued with the second of four classes on September 28, 2011, and the topic of the week was tween hygiene. Moms arrived at the Unilever-sponsored class in TheMotherhood ready to exchange ideas...
National Skin Care Awareness Month
I have announced this before but I am thrilled to be working with Eucerin as a Skin First Ambassador. I am seriously obsessed with the health of my skin.
Oftentimes, we take our skin for granted. Despite it being our bodies’ largest organ, we tend to ignore our skin’s needs until something goes wrong. Neglecting our skin not only leaves our bodies exposed to infectious bacteria that can permeate damaged or malnourished skin, it also costs US consumers nearly $42 billion a year in direct medical costs on the 22 most common skin diseases. September was National Skin Care Awareness Month, we hope you’ll take a stand with us, as a part of the Eucerin Skin FIRST Network, and help change that trend and spread the word about treating your skin care more like your overall health care.
You can start, if you haven’t already, by taking the Skin FIRST Pledge with tens of thousands of others at http://facbeook.com/eucerinus. Once you have taken the pledge, there are dozens of ways you canmake small changes in your life to put the health of your skin first. In fact, we want to dedicate this month’s Skin FIRST Movement Update to four simple steps that can help strengthen and protect your skin:
Tip #1 – Cleanse Gently
If you’ve ever felt like your skin is a little too tight, it may be a sign that you have not cleansed properly. Clean skin is the first step in keeping skin healthy. Whether your skin is dry, oily, or somewhere in between, dermatologists recommend using a mild, non-irritating cleanser rather than a harsh soap. Otherwise, you run the risk of striping your skin's natural oils, which can lead to overly tight-feeling skin.
Tip #2 – Moisturize Properly
Moisturizers bind water to the skin so that it doesn’t evaporate as quickly. The right moisturizer can also help bring the right pH balance to your skin and enhance its natural defenses. A product like Eucerin’s Daily Skin Balance Skin-Fortifying Body lotion can help accomplish this by providing a pH buffer and all day moisturization while strengthening your skin's protective barrier against external elements like pollution and climate changes.
Tip #3 – Take Time to Relax
If you’re under a great deal of stress, chances are your skin is too. Stressed-out skin can eventually become thin and less able to regenerate itself. You can help prevent this by taking take time to focus and center yourself every day. This can aid not just your mental health, but the health of your skin and body as well.
Tip #4 – Feed Your Skin Right
Finally, the old adage “you are what you eat” is never truer than it is with your skin. For instance, foods with high antioxidant levels, like blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and plums, can help neutralize free radicals that can damage collagen and elastin, proteins that help maintain skin’s elasticity and tone.
To learn about many more ways you can care for your skin, including tips like these for National Skin Care Awareness Month, visit our Facebook Page at http://facebook.com/eucerinus or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/eucerinus. However you choose to celebrate National Skin Care Awareness month, we appreciate you being a part of the Skin FIRST Movement and wish you healthy skin, always!
One lucky reader of The Divine Miss Mommy will win a $25 Target gift card, a yoga mat, and Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Lotion. To enter, leave me a comment below telling me how you take care of your skin!
1. Like Eucerin on Facebook. Tell them that The Divine Miss Mommy sent you on their Facebook wall. – 1 entry each
2. Blog about the giveaway (as a separate post) and leave the link to your blog post in the comments. – 5 entries
3. Add a relevant comment to any non-giveaway posts on my blog or Enter any of my other giveaways – 2 entries for each blog post you comment on
4. Follow me, @StacieinAtlanta on Twitter and then hit the Twitter Share button below to Tweet out about this contest. You can do this no more than once every four hours each day for extra entries AND you MUST have more than 100 followers on Twitter. Leave your Twitter comment link in the comments section below. Take an extra entry for each person who RT’s you! – 1 entry
5. Subscribe by email or RSS Reader. Add the Divine Miss Mommy button to your blogroll or post my button in your sidebar (badge is on the bottom, right side of my blog) Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect – Click “Join this site”. Like The Divine Miss Mommy on Facebook. If you have already done any of these things, you still get the entries – 2 entries each
Contest ends on 11/07/2010 at 11:59 EST and open to US Residents ONLY. Winner be notified via email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
DISCLOSURE: As a Eucerin Skin First Ambassador, I was provided with a $25 Target gift card, a yoga mat, and Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Lotion.