King’s Hawaiian Bread French Toast Casserole Recipe Years ago I lived in Hawaii. In fact, I graduated from high school in Hawaii and went to one year of college before moving to Atlanta...
Mushroom Bread Pudding Recipe #Makemealsbetter
This Mushroom Bread Pudding Recipe post is sponsored by Swiss Diamond and Better Than Bouillon.
Mushroom Bread Pudding Recipe
With Thanksgiving coming up, we are spending a lot more time in the kitchen. Cooking is always relaxing for me and no more so than around the holidays. I love baking for family and friends. Making things for other people is such a fun thing to do.
This Mushroom Bread Pudding Recipe will seriously wow your guests. It is hearty and decadent plus will have every guest asking for seconds. Our casserole was gone in a matter of minutes. Our son tasted it on the way to table and then circled back to get a second helping. He had only eaten one bite but knew he wanted more. It’s that good!
We made this delicious casserole in the 5 quart Nonstick Square Casserole with Lid (11 x 11) by Swiss Diamond. This dish quickly became a favorite of ours once we received it. It is incredibly versatile and works perfectly for our family of five. It seems that my husband keeps finding things to make in it. He just made fresh cinnamon rolls tonight!
Swiss Diamond technology produces the highest quality cookware in the world. Developed in 1999 to meet the demand for better nonstick cookware, Swiss Diamond features a revolutionary nonstick coating that uses real diamond crystals for maximum durability, highest release properties and optimum heat transfer. Manufactured mainly in Switzerland, using hydroelectric green power supply, clean and safe environment and the controlled by the Swiss authorities, Swiss Diamond expanded to high end kitchen knives, Hand Held mixer, Stainless steel cookware, Kitchen tools and more. This is the ultimate for the home and professional chef.
Better Than Bouillon®
Better Than Bouillon® blendable bases are made from meat, poultry, seafood and vegetables. This gives them a richer, more robust flavor than ordinary bouillons. No added MSG, low or no fat, lower sodium: Better Than Bouillon blendable bases have 1/3 less salt than ordinary bouillons. After trying this, we could never go back to using anything else. Better Than Buillon gives a delicious taste that elevates your entire recipe.
Mushroom Bread Pudding Recipe
- 8 cups cubed Italian loaf bread (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 leeks, whites only, halved and thin sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 pound cremini mushroom, large chop
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushroom, caps only, rough chop
- 1/4 pound oyster mushroom, rough chop
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cups half and half
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Chicken base
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over a medium flame. Add the shallots, leeks, garlic, and celery. Saute until the vegetables soften.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until the mushrooms have released their liquid and it has cooked off. This step takes about 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the half and half, eggs, cheese, Better Than Chicken Bullion, and herbs, and pepper. Add the sauteed mushroom mixture and the bread. Fold together.
- Place the bread mixture in the Swiss Diamond casserole pan (if using a regular casserole pan, be sure to butter the pan to keep things from sticking). Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until golden brown and set in the center.