One bite. Just one bite of the Weight Watchers Sweet Baked Goods Salted Caramel Brownie Bliss and you will be hooked. I know this because this is what happened to both my husband and...
Miniature Apple Pies with Lattice Crust
Apple pies are loved around the world. There are so many great recipes out there. I just wanted to share one more.
My children love when we make miniature desserts and frankly so do I. I Iike automatic portion control. The lattice is something little hands can help with as well
MINIATURE APPLE PIES WITH LATTICE CRUST
Yields approximately 12 miniature pies
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, cubed
2-4 tablespoons ice-cold water
5 cups apples, peeled and small diced
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix the flour and salt, then cut the butter into the flour mixture.
- Add in the cold water, and mix just to combine all the ingredients. Be careful not to over-handle the dough. After the dough comes together, divide it into two spheres, wrap each sphered individually and loosely in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, combine all the apple filling ingredients.
- After the 20 minutes have passed, remove one of the spheres of dough from the refrigerator and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a round cutter or drinking glass, cut circles in the dough large enough to fit the base and walls of each well in a muffin tin. Line the muffin tin wells with dough, cutting away the excess, then place in the refrigerator.
- Working with the other dough sphere, again roll it to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut circles in the dough again, but this time make long, parallel cuts to divide each circle into long strips.
- Remove the muffin tin with the dough from the refrigerator, fill each well with the apple filling (you may need to strain the apples to remove excess moisture), then create the lattice crust by weaving the dough strips over the apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, or until the lattice crust is golden brown.