Puff Pastry Mango Braid Recipe Ingredients 1 puff pastry sheet (I used Pillsbury) 2 very ripe mangos optional pure maple syrup walnuts Directions Allow 1 puff pastry sheet to thaw and start to soften-but...
Lemon Curd Recipe
Over heat, the eggs in the curd begin to solidify and thicken the entire mixture. Constant stirring ensure the liquid is thickened evenly, as opposed to scrambling the eggs and forming lumps. If the mixture is cooked too much on the stove, passing it through a fine-mesh strainer could save the final product.
While some eat the sweet and tart spread without accompaniments, most find it enjoyable as a spread on toast, scones, pancakes, waffles, crumpets, muffins, or bagels. Additionally, it can be swirled into other foods such as yogurt, whipped cream, or ice cream.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large Meyer lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 sticks salted butter, melted
- Vigorously whisk the eggs and sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon zest, juice, and melted butter.
- Whisk the butter and lemon mixture into the egg mixture.
- Pour the liquid into a sauce pot and place over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Be sure to run the wooden spoon along the bottom of the pot as the mixture cooks.
- Heat (stirring constantly) until noticeably thickened, about 10 minutes. The curd should be the same thickness as a loose jam.
- Remove from heat, pass through fine-mesh strainer, pressing to pass the curd through. Refrigerate to cool.