Ice cream is one of my favorite indulgences. I love all kinds of ice creams, sorbets, gelatos and frozen yogurt. I am an equal opportunity frozen treat lover. Plus living in Atlanta means that...
JELL-O Hearts for Valentine’s Day
- 6 oz. box Strawberry Jello
- 1 envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 7 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup cold Water
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Spray a 8 x 8 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour the Jell-0 into a large bowl, add 2 cups boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into the pan and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- In another bowl add 1/4 cup cold water. Sprinkle gelatin packet over top and let stand for several minutes.
- Stir in 3/4 cups boiling water and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Allow to cool.
- Invert red Jell-O pan onto cutting board or wax paper.
- With a heart cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the jello. Cut as many as you can fit, but you may not use all of them in the next step.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray again.
- Arrange the hearts in the pan being careful to leave room for white in between each.
- Pour condensed milk mixture around the hearts and place in the refrigerator for several hours until firm.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.