Back in the late 70's I was a little kid. My mother sold Avon and I helped her. She was our neighborhood Avon lady! I loved running to all of the houses and leaving...
When I first discovered that I was pregnant, one of the first things that that my husband said to me was, “I cannot wait to get all of the toys.” This made me laugh because this was definitely my husband. He loves his toys.
One of the amazing things about being a parent, is really fostering a child's love of play and seeing them find the perfect toys to both challenge and excite them. I am challenged with finding these toys and I am always on the lookout for just the right toy for each of my children.
Recently, a new website was started to help you find toys appropriate for your child. YourNeighborhoodToyStore.org just launched this month and is a resource for parents interested in learning more about the best toys on the market and where to find them.
We love to frequent a few local toy stores. I love that they have a great selection of toys, one or two owners and always seem to stock toys that are up and coming.
The new website, YourNeighborhoodToyStore.org is a one-stop resource that connects parents with local toy stores, specialty toy makers and industry experts. All of the things that we like about our local toy stores can now be found online.
The mission of the website is simple:
“To help parents discover the “woohoo factor” – or the delight, the joy and the excitement – of finding and playing with today’s best toys!”
Visit the site to find things like:
– Feature articles with expert advice on toys and play for children of all ages,
– Up-to-date information on creative and educational play and toy trends
– Handy toy store locator with information on where to find the best toys in your neighborhood (Don’t forget: local, independent toy stores support the community and tend to offer many high-quality, specialty products not typically found at a big box store!)
– Calendar of local toy-related events
– Information on the benefits of shopping local
– Toy buying guide by age, including a section for children with disabilities
One of the great things about buying locally is supporting your local community, discovering new toys that might not be in the larger chain stores and helping small businesses.
We love toy in this house. In fact, we have an entire play room dedicated to them. I like old school toys and new toys. My husband absolutely love discovering new toys for our children and finding something for them that just makes them say WOW. Or woohoo!
So go visit this site and come back to tell how cool you found The Woohoo Factor. What makes you say “Woohoo?”
GET SOCIAL WITH ASTRA
Follow The Woohoo Factor on Twitter