Now I love some chocolate chip cookies. I mean I really love them. I am always on the lookout for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Here are a few really delicious sounding recipes...
Homemade Deep Dish Pizza
If there is one thing that this family loves, it is pizza. When we have pizza, we usually go out to enjoy it at a restaurant. However, this week my kids were really wanting us to make pizza at home. I had several cans of diced tomatoes that I wanted to use so it worked out well.
Homemade Deep Dish Pizza
- 1 pizza dough ( usually in the deli area of your grocery store)
- 14.5 ounce can of Hunt's 100% Natural Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces of sliced pepperoni (or toppings of your choice!)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- small onion
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate or cake pan
- Flour a hard surface and start flattening the dough. Bring the edges out around in a circle pressing gently with your finger tips and turning a quarter turn until it is slightly larger than the pan.
- Carefully lay the dough over the pan, press down and along the edges
- Brush with melted butter ( if you like a garlic bread crust, add some garlic powder and a little salt here)
- Cook olive oil, onions and garlic until lightly browned in a sauce pan. Simmer for about five minutes and then add canned tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Spoon sauce and spread evenly
- Sprinkle mozzarella around , use less in the middle then at the edges.
- Top with pepperoni
- Bake on 425 for about 20 minutes, times may vary
Cans Get You Cooking
Cans Get You Cooking is a program dedicated to spreading the message that the ironclad technology of cans seals in foodsʼ nutrition, freshness and flavor, naturally, so that you can create meals you feel good about serving, and that your family will love. We frequently used canned foods for cooking for so many reasons. I love being able to have many different types of beans and vegetables on hand at all times. This time I was able to make something that my family loved with canned tomatoes.
Did you know that Americans throw away approximately 15 percent to 20 percent of the fresh fruits and vegetables they purchase every year?
Cans help waste less food, saving us time and money, and reducing our impact on the environment. Canned food portion sizes are just right for both individuals and families, and most recipes are designed around these sizes.