Linda Stahl, the official baking authority for Hershey’s answered some questions for me with regards to holiday baking. Check it out:
Ham, Chives & Kraft Philly Cream Cheese Snackers
I grew up with Philly Cream Cheese. My mother always made us snacks with cream cheese. She would put it on celery or make a dip that we could eat with carrots.
To this day, Philly Cream Cheese is one of my favorite things to cook with and to top things with. I love fresh bagels with schmear or a fabulous turkey sandwich with chive cream cheese.
I even use Philly in my red pasta sauce to make it much creamier. Below is one of my favorite childhood recipes plus some of the changeups that my kids and I have come up with.
HAM, CHIVES & KRAFT PHILLY CREAM CHEESE SNACKERS
This is such an easy and good recipe. I ate this as a snack in my childhood and still eat it today. My kids love it as well.
Applegate Naturals Black Forest Ham
Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
Fresh or Dried Chives (air dried chives are the easiest to work with, in my opinion)
1. Take the Philadelphia Soft Cream Cheese directly out of the refrigerator and do not let it warm up. The colder it is the easier it is to work with.
2. Cut the cream cheese into long strips.
3. Lay out ham on plates. My son likes to use two pieces but I usually use one if the ham is thicker.
4. Put several strips of cream cheese on each piece of ham.
5. Sprinkle with chives. Alternately you can mix the chives directly in the cream cheese but because not all of my children like chives, I don’t usually do this.
6. Roll tightly and serve.
CHANGE THINGS UP
Add Celery or Carrots or even make the recipe with deli chicken. We have come up with lots of variations but this is the one that my children ask for again and again.
GRAB YOUR KRAFT PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE COUPON HERE!
Now you can grab your very own $0.50 off coupon for Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Please note that you must be within a 5 mile radius of any Walmart location in order to view the digital coupon.
GET SOCIAL WITH PHILLY
Visit the Philadelphia Cream Cheese website
Like Philly on Facebook
Tweet with Philly on Twitter