I am tea drinker. I always have been. Imagine how perfectly paired I was when I moved to the South and found out that Sweet Tea (freshly brewed iced tea with sugar) was the...
Gingerbread Man Cookies
GINGERBREAD MAN COOKIES
- 1 package Butterscotch Pudding (cook and serve)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream butterscotch pudding mix, butter and brown sugar. Add egg and mix.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill dough for about an hour until firm.
- Divide mixture in half, place one half wrapped back in refrigerator.
- Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper. Flour work area and rolling pin and roll out dough to 1/8″ thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutter and remove scraps. Transfer cookies to baking sheets using spatula. Leave several inches between cookies. Reroll scrap dough and cut remaining cookies.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown). Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until bubbly. Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until all sugar is incorporated.
- Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. Transfer icing to pastry bag.
- Pipe the line pattern on cookies. Wait at least several hours for icing to set.