This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NatureRaised Farms. The opinions and text are all mine. Pasta Carbonara Recipe + $50 Sam's Card #Giveaway A simple pasta dish that can...
Eggplant Bruschetta Recipe featuring RAGU Homestyle Pasta Sauce
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce. All opinions are entirely my own.
Eggplant Bruschetta Recipe featuring RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce #RaguTailgating
Happy New Year! We are getting so close to the biggest game day of the year. This year we partnered with RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce to continue our super fun series, Game Day for the Gourmet which includes some of our favorite recipes, including this Eggplant Bruschetta Recipe, for The Big Game.
RAGÚ wants to help us all spice up our big game parties with some new and exciting recipes. “The Big Game” Football Party guests will certainly be delighted with this Eggplant Bruschetta Recipe that we made with the delicious tomato sauce from RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce.
Eggplant Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut 1/2″ diced
- 1 red onion, 1/2″ diced
- 1 red pepper, 1/2″ diced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup RAGÚ Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- * olive oil as needed
- * salt and pepper to taste
- * ricotta salata cheese
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan. When hot, add the eggplant and sauté until browned. Remove the eggplant and set aside.
- Heat about one tablespoon of olive oil in the large sauté pan. Add the onions and sauté until soft and lightly colored. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in the large sauté pan. Sauté the peppers. When they begin to soften, add the garlic and continue to cook until the garlic begins to brown on the edges. Once this happens, remove from the flame and set aside.
- Toast the pine nuts in a lightly oiled sauté pan over a medium flame. They are done when they become light golden brown.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together all of the sautéed vegetables, pine nuts, basil, vinegar, sugar, and RAGÚ Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and toast in a 425 degree oven.
- Top the eggplant mixture from above with grated ricotta salata cheese.
- Place the toasted baguette slices around the finished eggplant mixture and serve.
About RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauces
Savor the flavor in each of the RAGÚ Homestyle Sauces. Every sauce is carefully prepared to have a thick, hearty texture that hugs the noodle. Made with a bold combination of vine-ripened tomatoes, onions and fragrant herbs for that made-from-scratch taste your family craves. No artificial flavors, no artificial colors and no high fructose corn syrup.
Find RAGÚ Homestyle Sauces at your local Kroger in these flavors:
- RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce 23 oz.
- RAGÚ Homestyle Cheese Pasta Sauce 23 oz.
- RAGÚ Homestyle Meat Pasta Sauce 23 oz.
- RAGÚ Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce 23 oz.
Whether you are partying at home with guests, tailgating somewhere with your closest friends or just throwing an impromptu gathering, RAGÚ can help you make it even better.
Get 75 cents of any ONE RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce at Kroger
Be sure to download the coupon for $0.75 off any ONE RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce. #RaguTailgating