DIY VALENTINE OWLS INGREDIENTS Used Toilet Paper Rolls Construction Paper Googly Eyes if you have them (you can also make eyes from paper and markers) Scissors Glue, I used Modge Podge Ribbon if you...
Easy DIY Tile Coasters
I always love a good project that really has great looking results. Sometimes I make gifts for people and I love to create things that you might not find in every store. We had a girls night in recently and I created little kits for each person with everything they need to make these adorable and Easy DIY Tile Coasters. In fact, you could do this as a craft project with kids and easily create 1 kit for each person.
You can find all sorts of fun peel and stick wall decor or even consider a stencil with paint but make certain to use something to seal it since wet drinks will be placed on these coasters. I happen to think that these Blossom Watercolor Bird Branch Peel and Stick Wall Decals would make beautiful coasters as well.
What do you think? The possibilities really are endless and who wouldn’t love to get a set of these coasters as a gift? We are planning to make several of these this year for teacher gift’s as well. They would go great with a bottle of wine as well and maybe a nice wine key. I love my wooden handle wine corkscrew that I got years ago:
What I am saying is make these coasters! AND consider making them as part of a larger gift including some of our other suggestions. These are the kinds of gifts that people will use for years to come.
Easy DIY Tile Coasters
- 4, 4.25″ square ceramic tiles
- Peel and Stick Wall Decor- Used Main Street Wall Creations – Silver Rack SKU 151195
- Foam Sheet (or felt)
- Hot Glue
- Wipe your tiles with rubbing alcohol on the shiny side and let dry completely. This removes oils and debris.
- Place your stickers onto your tiles as desired. You may need to cut some of the stickers to fit with scissors. Press firmly into place and smooth with your finger.
- Consider sealing with Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer (one of my faves). I like to do this and since I really want this to be something to keep in the home for years, I sealed this set.
- Cut four pieces of foam about 4″ square to fit onto the bottom of your coasters. Use hot glue to affix them and press firmly.