If you have a Halloween event coming up or if you just want to make a fun snack for the kids, these Witches Brooms are just adorable! They are easy to make and even...
DOVE Chocolate Filled Meringues
DOVE CHOCOLATE FILLED MERINGUES
- 3 egg whites
- 1.5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- dash of pure vanilla
- package of Dove chocolates, I used a mint for these (unwrapped)
- standard sized cupcake wrappers
- Carefully wash the outside of the eggs with cold water, then separate saving the whites (it is easier to separate the yokes and whites when the eggs are cold) Lightly covered the egg whites and let rest until they are room temp.
- This down time is perfect for prepping the rest of the steps and work space. Add the liners to your muffin tray(s).
- Select the tip(s) needed and set up the piping bag.
- Some suggest hand whisking in a copper bowl is the only way while others prefer an electric hand mixer, we used our Kitchenaid mixer with very tasty results, less mess and faster prep time.
- Once the eggs are at room temp slowly turn the mixer on to medium and mix until the egg whites become so foamy and frothy that they filled with tiny bubbles that really look like wet foam. This took about 8-10 minutes on medium with our Kitchen-aid stand mixer.
- Very slowly start to add in the pre sifted confectioners’ sugar, just a couple small spoonful’s at a time, you should then wait a minute before adding more. This will roughly take another 6 to 10 minutes. You should quickly start to see a change in consistency, add in your pure vanilla extract.
- You can stop mixing once the mixture can hold its shape in a stiff peak (this is easy to see as soon as you turn off the mixer and lift up the whisk attachment on the mixer.
- Pipe a dollop into the bottom of each of the paper cups then place one chocolate Dove piece into the center of the dollop, pushing down slightly. Top with more meringue so that the chocolates are fully covered.
- All ovens work differently keep a close eye on the temperature, you’ll want the oven to be at 200 degrees for the duration of the baking time. A separate oven thermometer that can stay in might be a great purchase if you have an inconsistent oven or if you are still getting to know yours. These took a little over 2 hours to bake in our oven.
- Store any you do not enjoy right away in an air tight container.