I have another awesome child movie inspired ornament! As I have stated in the past, I absolutely love to do crafty things and take on some awesome DIY projects. This year I wanted to...
DIY Upcycled Soda Bottle Snowflake Ornament
The holidays are the perfect time to do a little crafting with your kids, and what craft better represents the holidays than something snowflake themed? These Upcycled Soda Bottle Snowflake ornaments are so simple to make, and you can whip them up using a few common household supplies. Take a look below at how to make your own so you can have them hanging on your own tree!
UPCYCLED SODA BOTTLE SNOWFLAKE ORNAMENT
20 ounce plastic soda bottle, empty
White (or color of your choice) craft paint
Assorted candy sprinkles or glitter
1. To begin, take scissors and cut the bottom half of your bottle off. You will notice the bottom plastic is already puckered, giving it a star shape. If your scissors are not doing the job, carefully use a knife to get through the plastic so you can start cutting.
2. Pour some paint onto a plate.
3. Take the cut portion of plastic and dip it in the paint. Press it down firmly so it gets covered well.
4. Remove the piece from the paint and sprinkle it well with either glitter or candy sprinkles.
5. Set the piece aside to dry. This may take a few hours.
6. Once the paint is 100% dry, take your scissors and trim off all of the remaining plastic. You want there to be just a star or snowflake design left when you are done.
7. Make two small slits in the plastic for hanging the ribbon. You can also punch out a hole if you rather do it that way OR use hot glue to attach it.
Once your ribbon is attached your upcycled soda bottle snowflake ornament is ready for hanging. These make sweet gifts for children to give grandparents or other friends they love, and they also make great embellishments on gift boxes.
So gather your supplies and start saving those plastic soda bottles. This is a simple DIY project that can surely turn your trash into treasure!