I am really excited to be partnering with THE TALK to give our readers/followers a chance to WIN a package of the featuring Valentine's Day gifts worth nearly $400.00! Tune in to THE TALK on...
Off-Price Shopping and Fall Fashion Tips This Fall with TJ Maxx
Marshalls and T.J.Maxx have this upcoming fall’s must-have designer styles at 60% less than department and specialty stores. Here are some of the trends and how we are able to offer them at such amazing prices.
Here they share the Must-Have Pieces and Trends for Fall 2010:
– Bigger is better when it comes to sweaters this fall; look for chunky, loose knits in slouchy styles and ones with interesting details
– Try cowl necks, sweater vests, cascade cardigans and longer cardigan coats…the list is endless
– Textured, fringed and loopy looks are also popular options
– For a look that can take you from day to night try a sweater dress with a unique neckline or sleeve
– Look for faux-fur and real fur handbags – if you’re not ready for an all-over option pick up a bag with fur trim
– Fold-over, cross-body styles with metallic trims are the newest must-have bag options for fall
– For a different look, try soft, slouchy hobo styles and satchels with optional shoulder straps
– Pick a bag in fall’s hottest colors: reds, greens, blues, grays and taupes
– Don’t forget the details: look for croc embossing, snake prints and shiny material
– Keep warm with a wool coat this fall in plaids or solids
– Add edge to a leather jacket with zipper, ruffle and grommet detailing
– Try a cocoon frame jacket for a free-flowing style
– It’s all in the details, look for coats with leather trim, unique buttons or cut outs
– Ankle boots are the must-have shoe for fall
– Use your footwear to add a pop of color to any look: try reds, greens or blues
– Look for platforms with lace-up or zipper detailing
– The slouchy, leather boot is the casual footwear
Polished Career Style
– Feminine blouses with delicate details, longer tunic lengths, cowls and uneven hemlines are in
– Skirts are back, and styles range everywhere from pencil to tiered and wraps
– Slim leg pants are a must-have for fall, grab a pair that can go from work day to weekend
– A tailored jacket with structured shoulders is a nod to the season’s must-have military-inspired look option
– Oversized necklaces, bracelets and rings continue for fall
– Add a touch of fall’s must-have colors with darker stones such as browns and lapis
– Opt for darker metals for an edgy look
It’s All in the Details
– Pick up items in fall’s top patterns like Fair Isle, soft plaids, stripes and animal prints
– Give your look a feminine edge with studs, grommets, lace, ruffles and rosettes on tops, shoes or accessories
– Create a unique look by incorporating pieces with military influence, leather touches, faux fur trims or asymmetrical closures
Knit Scarves and Hats
– Keep cozy this fall with hats and scarves in a mix of textures, colors and fabrics; try a loose yarn or mohair option
– Hats are a must-have this fall: try fedoras and berets with detail
– Layer up with a wrapped scarf this year – all styles, shapes and lengths will help keep you warm, but the infinity scarf continues as the must-have item
– Look for fur trim, studs, gems, chains, bows and rosettes on hats, gloves and, even, scarves
TJ Maxx wants to make a Maxxinista out of one lucky reader of The Divine Miss Mommy.
WIN A $25 TJ MAXX GIFT CARD HERE!
Tell me what your favorite fall fashion item or trend is. Leave your answer in the comments below as your first mandatory entry. You must do this before any additional entries count.
1. Like TJ Maxx on Facebook. Tell them that The Divine Miss Mommy sent you on their Facebook wall. – 1 entry each
2. Blog about the giveaway and leave the link to your blog post in the comments. – 5 entries
3. Add a relevant comment to any non-giveaway posts on my blog or Enter any of my other giveaways – 2 entries for each blog post you comment on
4. Follow me, @StacieinAtlanta on Twitter and then hit the Twitter Share button below to Tweet out about this contest. You can do this no more than once every four hours each day for extra entries AND you MUST have more than 100 followers on Twitter. Leave your Twitter comment link in the comments section below. Take an extra entry for each person who RT’s you! – 1 entry
5. Subscribe by email or RSS Reader. Add the Divine Miss Mommy button to your blogroll or post my button in your sidebar (badge is on the bottom, right side of my blog) Follow my blog on Google Friend Connect – Click “Join this site”. Like The Divine Miss Mommy on Facebook. If you have already done any of these things, you still get the entries – 2 entries each
Contest ends on 11/21/2010 at 11:59 EST. Winner be notified via email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.